Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Measuring Success for an Artemi Panarin-less New York Rangers

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Measuring Success for an Artemi Panarin-less New York Rangers

But the Panarin-to-New-York talk has reached such a fever pitch that it also feels as though itís being willed into existence, which is going to leave a lot of fans terribly upset in the event it doesnít happen. Itíll also require a dramatic realignment of their expectations next season.

The reality of the situation is this, though: even without Panarin, thereís nothing truly stopping the Rangers from being that scrappy, tough-to-play-against squad who could still threaten the Eastís wild card picture, because thatís exactly the type of team theyíre designed to be.

A lot can change ó and likely will ó between now and the start of training camp in September, but barring the floor falling out from under them due to injuries or unexpected regressions (or both), the Rangers stand to enter next year as one of the youngest, hardest-working teams with numerous players in their lineup that will command possession of the puck.
    Panarinís addition to this group, in any configuration, would improve their fortunes by an order of magnitude, but his exclusion wouldnít leave them a wasteland, either. Because much of the work done by Gorton and the front office to inject this roster with young, dynamic talents holds true whether Panarin is in the picture or not.
    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...rs-kaapo-kakko

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I like where this team is with or without him. I think theyíve got a chance st the playoffs this year I really do.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I like where this team is with or without him. I think they’ve got a chance st the playoffs this year I really do.

Missing on Panarin would not be a devastating setback
    They’d still be flush with young talent both at the NHL level and organizationally
    They’d still have a fair amount of cap space presumably

And they wouldn’t feel forced into decisions regarding those bad contracts they’d like to shed. No Panarin means way less pressure to ride it out a little longer and any buyout(s) becomes more palatable or some of those guys are maybe a bit easier to trade.

It’s ok if they miss out on him

Getting Panarin would put a ton of expectation on a team with little NHL experience. You could almost argue that the more natural path to success is without him.
    His contract will almost certainly be a major issue at some point as well and I think the Rangers would still make some moves to better themselves without him.

All that said, I want Panarin. Lol.

I just won't be disappointed if he lands somewhere with Bob and commands a shitload of money.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Getting Panarin would put a ton of expectation on a team with little NHL experience. You could almost argue that the more natural path to success is without him.
    His contract will almost certainly be a major issue at some point as well and I think the Rangers would still make some moves to better themselves without him.

All that said, I want Panarin. Lol.

I just won't be disappointed if he lands somewhere with Bob and commands a shitload of money.
    Boys should be learning to win. Quinn wants, expects and preaches winning (with or without Panarin)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Boys should be learning to win. Quinn wants, expects and preaches winning (with or without Panarin)
    And they're already better than last year's team (assuming the defense will get cleaned up). They'll win games and I think they'll even push to make the playoffs.

I also think the Rangers will bring in a few short term guys to help the development. They don't need Panarin to win, he just makes it slightly easier.

Here's a thought, if we lose out on Panarin is it possible to make a trade for Nylander?
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 06-30-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    And they're already better than last year's team (assuming the defense will get cleaned up). They'll win games and I think they'll even push to make the playoffs.

I also think the Rangers will bring in a few short term guys to help the development. They don't need Panarin to win, he just makes it slightly easier.

Here's a thought, if we lose out on Panarin is it possible to make a trade for Nylander?
    I still would love Nylander. Almost more than Panarin because of his age and cap hit. 7m for a 23 year old 60 point center is actually very solid. If they need to shave even a little bit of space this season, then perhaps they would be interested in Kreider.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Problem is a player like panarin only comes around as often as Haleys comet. So obviously there are no other options ever.

They should probably fold without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    They should probably fold without him.
    Outside of Tavares name me players comparable to reach unrestricted free agency. It doesnt happen often. Haley's comet, seriously that's the epitome of garbage posting. Let's see the unrestricted free agent comparables over say the last decade.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Outside of Tavares name me players comparable to reach unrestricted free agency. It doesnt happen often. Haley's comet, seriously that's the epitome of garbage posting. Let's see the unrestricted free agent comparables over say the last decade.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Ufa is not what it used to be. In the cap era there is no such thing as signing anyone without giving up assets. When a player signs for 20% of your allotted cap others have to go and future moves cannot be made. Star players are moved all the time. Artemi Panarin is a great player yet he’s not a top 10 player in the league.

Didn’t stamkos go ufa before deciding ultimately to return to Tampa? Duchene is as big as panarin in my book maybe a small step under.

according to McKenzie it looks like we'll have a chance to find out he's got signs pointing to Panarin going to the Isles and Bob to FL.
    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...66960701992965

Not to get conspiratorial but is there a chance Panarin's agent is making one last push for more cash from NYR?

I have a hard time believing Panarin will sign on LI without Bob, but maybe they're backing up the brinks truck, who knows?
    GORTON 2020

Ufa is not what it used to be. In the cap era there is no such thing as signing anyone without giving up assets. When a player signs for 20% of your allotted cap others have to go and future moves cannot be made. Star players are moved all the time. Artemi Panarin is a great player yet heís not a top 10 player in the league.

Didnít stamkos go ufa before deciding ultimately to return to Tampa? Duchene is as big as panarin in my book maybe a small step under.
    He's not looking at 20% closer to 14.5 to 15.5 right around what he'd deserve

Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    He's not looking at 20% closer to 14.5 to 15.5 right around what he'd deserve

Deserve? He deserves to be the highest paid player in the league? Sure and the team that signs that contract deserves the ramifications of signing a contract like that.

High paid Ufas have such a high rate of success here that I can totally understand your unflinching confidence that signing a contract like this will come out roses. If it didn’t work out it would pretty kill this rebuild in its crib but nothing to think about. The rangers never get burned signing ufas.

And if he signs some ridiculous deal to play for the less watch how quickly this board goes from a handful saying to stay away from this deal to an army.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Ufa is not what it used to be. In the cap era there is no such thing as signing anyone without giving up assets. When a player signs for 20% of your allotted cap others have to go and future moves cannot be made. Star players are moved all the time. Artemi Panarin is a great player yet heís not a top 10 player in the league.

Didnít stamkos go ufa before deciding ultimately to return to Tampa? Duchene is as big as panarin in my book maybe a small step under.
    Ducene averages 61 points per year, Panarin 81. But yeah, totally the same.

Deserve? He deserves to be the highest paid player in the league? Sure and the team that signs that contract deserves the ramifications of signing a contract like that.

High paid Ufas have such a high rate of success here that I can totally understand your unflinching confidence that signing a contract like this will come out roses. If it didn’t work out it would pretty kill this rebuild in its crib but nothing to think about. The rangers never get burned signing ufas.
    Check your stats. He's not about to be the highest paid player in the league.
    GORTON 2020

And youíll be the first one. Kind of like arguing the need for a rebuild in January alone to a letter in February and everybody totally does a 180.

Isles sign panarin. It will go like this. They paid way to much. They still wonít win because the rest of their roster sucks or unproven. No goalie. And on. Basically describe the rangers and repeat the logical reason why the rangers should not sign him

Check your stats. He's not about to be the highest paid player in the league.
    12m puts him very close. But split hairs cap hit is basically the same

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast