• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where Rangers Will Draw the Line on Artemi Panarin

Phil

The Rangers are likely to attempt to bring Artemi Panarin to Broadway when the free agent market opens on Monday, but sources have indicated that the team will not engage in a bidding war in order to secure the skilled winger.

It is true that the best laid intentions sometimes go up in smoke when the bell rings, but we are told that if the Blueshirts extend Panarin an offer of seven years in the range of $11-11.25 million, they would not then increase their offer to match/exceed higher bids.

The Rangers do appear leaning toward extending Panarin a whopping contract of their own, though our understanding is that a firm decision had not been reached, at least as of early Friday. Signing the winger, who has recorded 116 goals, 204 assists and 320 points through his four-year career split between the Blackhawks and Blue Jackets, would both elevate the club?s talent level and trigger various moves over the summer to clear cap space while imperiling Chris Kreider?s long-term future with team.

But if Panarin, through his agent, Paul Theofanous, pits the Rangers against the Panthers and/or Islanders in a high stakes match game, the they are very unlikely to play.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/28/where-rangers-will-draw-the-line-on-artemi-panarin/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article (not sure if a reliable source) cites the Athletic (a more reliable source) in saying that after meeting with the Rangers, Panarin has started turning down other meetings

http://www.foreverblueshirts.com/panarin-and-his-agent-are-turning-down-meetings-after-visit-to-new-york/?fbclid=IwAR1vmWedOzMz3pzSnDWYwNmgaz5Elyg_QPDceTekfmvGiN_xg10-prysdH0

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1144636803904933889

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do people still think we can trade Georgiev?

Yes, but they're in no real rush to do so. My guess is Shesterkin is probably penciled in for an AHL start (for now) and will end up called up mid-season when Georgiev is flipped to whoever loses a goalie to injury.

Yes, but they're in no real rush to do so. My guess is Shesterkin is probably penciled in for an AHL start (for now) and will end up called up mid-season when Georgiev is flipped to whoever loses a goalie to injury.

Yeah, that's about right. Shesterkin will anchor Hartford for most of this year; he'll get a cup of coffee in April.

I love that we're drawing a line.

If he wants the money, he can go to Florida. I'd be disappointed, but I won't be angry at Gorton for managing our cap as well as he can.

Yes he can come here to be only the third highest paid player in the league and starve making $11.5m. That’s driving a hard bargain slright

Personally, 9.5 x 7 would be my upper limit, which would mean we'd lose out, but 12 million for Artemi Panarin? No thanks.

I still think the need at Center is greater than a winger with our young wing depth. I'd rather sign Duchene and/or Lee or Ferland and flip Kreider, Strome and Vesey for picks.

I'm no Pavelski guy, but if he stops you from a future millstone 5 years out, go that direction.

Panarin would make more sense if you landed Hughes, but our C depth is a joke. Who is playing there? Panarin would mean you're stuck with Chytil @ #2? Fuck that.

Personally, 9.5 x 7 would be my upper limit, which would mean we'd lose out, but 12 million for Artemi Panarin? No thanks.

I still think the need at Center is greater than a winger with our young wing depth. I'd rather sign Duchene and/or Lee or Ferland and flip Kreider, Strome and Vesey for picks.

I'm no Pavelski guy, but if he stops you from a future millstone 5 years out, go that direction.

Panarin would make more sense if you landed Hughes, but our C depth is a joke. Who is playing there? Panarin would mean you're stuck with Chytil @ #2? Fuck that.

Yes but we’re not aiming for the cup next year. A center could develop or signed next year

I don't see who that would be. If you tie up that cash in Panarin, that's it. Kappo, Chytil, Kravtsov, Zibanejad, Fox, Shesterkin.. These guys are going to get expensive only four seasons out. You'll be doing well to keep Zibanejad.