• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Zubov, Davidson Agree to "have a cup of coffee,"

Phil

I always liked Zubov and was sad when he was traded. Wouldn’t mind him working with the defense here as well.

The Zubov trade signaled the beginning of the decline for those Rangers teams in the 90’s. That trade was atrocious. Zubov had another 12 really high quality seasons. HUGE piece on those great Dallas teams

On Aug. 31, 1995, Pittsburgh traded Luc Robitaille, who had only been a Penguin for one season, along with defender Ulf Samuelsson to New York in exchange for Petr Nedved and Sergei Zubov. The Rangers added snarl on the backend while the Penguins added offensive prowess to theirs.

horrible deal and basically done as a result of that physical series (forget the year) where are blue line got man handled by the legion of doom.

On Aug. 31, 1995, Pittsburgh traded Luc Robitaille, who had only been a Penguin for one season, along with defender Ulf Samuelsson to New York in exchange for Petr Nedved and Sergei Zubov. The Rangers added snarl on the backend while the Penguins added offensive prowess to theirs.

horrible deal and basically done as a result of that physical series (forget the year) where are blue line got man handled by the legion of doom.

Holy shit, forgot all about Nedved's first tenure with the Rangers. I was 6, but still...lol

Either we are talking to him about the HC job down in Hartford?he was a HC in the KHL or we are interested in giving him one of those traveling scouting/mentoring jobs we gave Glass, Ruutu and Ortmeyer.

Tho? he did get voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, could also be coordinating a Zubov day in that Garden as well.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

All Messier's doing.

Either we are talking to him about the HC job down in Hartford?he was a HC in the KHL or we are interested in giving him one of those traveling scouting/mentoring jobs we gave Glass, Ruutu and Ortmeyer.

Tho? he did get voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, could also be coordinating a Zubov day in that Garden as well.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yea I think he has too much experience for the mentoring thing. It?s probably HC in Hartford and then an offer to be asst coach when ruff is gone which I imagine will be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk