• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Rangers' Regular Season Schedule Released

Phil

Link:

Thursday, October 3, 2019 — Home Opener vs. Winnipeg

Thursday, October 17, 2019 — Kaapo Kakko vs. Jack Hughes (Round 1)

Friday, November 29, 2019 — Day after Thanksgiving Matinee vs. Boston

Saturday, November 30, 2019 — Kaapo Kakko vs. Jack Hughes (Round 2)

Sunday, December 8, 2019 to Saturday, December 14, 2019 — Western Road Trip vs. Vegas, Los Angeles, San Jose, and Anaheim

Saturday, December 28, 2019 to Saturday January 4, 2020 — Canadian Road Trip to Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.

Saturday, January 9, 2019 — Kaapo Kakko vs. Jack Hughes (Round 3, First at Madison Square Garden)

Saturday, January 11, 2020 —Rangers head to St. Louis to take on defending Stanley Cup Champions

Monday, January 13, 2020 and Thursday January, 16, 2020 — Home and Home vs. New York Islanders

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 — Brendan Lemieux and Jacob Trouba return to Winnipeg

Sunday, March 1, 2020 — Kevin Hayes returns to Madison Square Garden

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 — Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues visit Madison Square Garden

Saturday, March 7, 2020 — Kaapo Kakko vs. Jack Hughes (Round 4)

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/6/25/18744419/new-york-rangers-announce-schedule-for-2019-20-nhl-season

finally the full season is up.....what kind of fucked up schedule is this that they play 1 game in 11 days the 2nd week of the season? and play the islanders 3 times in 8 days?

Had similar issues last year with the Oilers playing something like 2 games in the first 3 weeks of the season.

It never makes any sense.

finally the full season is up.....what kind of fucked up schedule is this that they play 1 game in 11 days the 2nd week of the season? and play the islanders 3 times in 8 days?
Had similar issues last year with the Oilers playing something like 2 games in the first 3 weeks of the season.

It never makes any sense.

Arena availability plays a role. And only playing 1 game in 11 days is GOOD. Means practice time. Sorry if it hurts your STH bottom line. ;)

Arena availability plays a role. And only playing 1 game in 11 days is GOOD. Means practice time. Sorry if it hurts your STH bottom line. ;)

They should have plenty of practice time in September. They don?t need 11 days off between games 2-4 of the season. Spread out the off days seems a little better to get guys some rest and practice. They shouldn?t be worn out practically 2 weeks into the season. Not worried about my STH bottom line....yet. I could careless if the games were home/away the first 2-3 weeks of the season, just get some games in.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Practice time after 2 games to start the season? Spread the off days out for recovery throughout the year.

They should have plenty of practice time in September. They don?t need 11 days off between games 2-4 of the season. Spread out the off days seems a little better to get guys some rest and practice. They shouldn?t be worn out practically 2 weeks into the season. Not worried about my STH bottom line....yet. I could careless if the games were home/away the first 2-3 weeks of the season, just get some games in.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Practice time after 2 games to start the season? Spread the off days out for recovery throughout the year.
Yes. Practice time. So they practice in September and never again?

Well have one of the youngest teams in the league. I take a practice early over rest later 8 days a week.

Well have one of the youngest teams in the league. I take a practice early over rest later 8 days a week.

Who said they never practice again? After practicing all of September I would rather play a few more games in early October. Young teams need rest during the season also. No brainer.

Who said they never practice again? After practicing all of September I would rather play a few more games in early October. Young teams need rest during the season also. No brainer.
There's nothing but a benefit to being able to practice early in the season.

considering how much tickets at MSG are it honestly just makes more sense for me (I live upstate so have to pay to travel to NYC anyway) to just make a trip out of an away game anyway. I grew up in NYC, I don't need to go back and visit just for a game.

Unfortunately due to work it's tough for me to take weekdays off, with the exception of maybe taking a friday to travel, once the new year hits.

Thinking my options are DC in October or Nashville in November. I've already been to Nashville though, but would be cool to catch a game there.

If they are playing kids and not targeting The playoffs , I’d prefer a longer layoff 1.5-2 months in. Let them get their feet wet, then have a second “camp” with lots of off ice learning, and some R&R.

I anticipate Quinn carrying more bets and less kids than we expect, so any lay-off is irrelevant. More irrelevant to have an early season lay-off with a roster full of bets, IMO, unless they deem themselves cup contenders. Then the extra early practices might be more beneficial

It is not ridiculous to claim that because somebody doesn?t like 1 game in 11 days (3 games into the season) that they will practice ?never again? after September?

If they are playing kids and not targeting The playoffs , I?d prefer a longer layoff 1.5-2 months in. Let them get their feet wet, then have a second ?camp? with lots of off ice learning, and some R&R.

I anticipate Quinn carrying more bets and less kids than we expect, so any lay-off is irrelevant. More irrelevant to have an early season lay-off with a roster full of bets, IMO, unless they deem themselves cup contenders. Then the extra early practices might be more beneficial

There's going to be 3 new D and about 4 new forwards (counting Lemieux). That's 1/3 of the team. More time to gel isn't a bad thing.