• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

This Feels Like the End for Chris Kreider and the Rangers

Phil

This is all coming down to 2 things

Do they want to pay him?

Can they get what they want in exchange for him?

A pick in the 12-20 range is fair for what is essentially a year of Kreider. There are several teams with picks in that range that at more in need of the ?right now? help Kreider would provide than they are in need of their pick. Perhaps even a team or two above that might be interested too, especially if they threw in another lesser piece or two.

Teams like Edmonton, Vancouver, Florida, Philadelphia, Colorado are all potential partners

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define quality.

Kreider is quality. If he wasn’t there would not even be discussions about 6x7.

People are too age obsessed. Kreider is not 20, but he is only 27. Put him on a line with Zib and a good wing and he will score plenty of goals while doing the dirty work. If Panarin is the choice I get it, but to act like Kreider is some third or fourth line journeyman is silly.

Kreider is quality. If he wasn’t there would not even be discussions about 6x7.

People are too age obsessed. Kreider is not 20, but he is only 27. Put him on a line with Zib and a good wing and he will score plenty of goals while doing the dirty work. If Panarin is the choice I get it, but to act like Kreider is some third or fourth line journeyman is silly.

He's 28.

I've said I'm fine with keeping him. I think he could be a good leader for this team moving forward. But I there's a perfectly reasonable point to be made in moving him.

He's 28.

I've said I'm fine with keeping him. I think he could be a good leader for this team moving forward. But I there's a perfectly reasonable point to be made in moving him.

You said you were not sure you would pay 6x$6.5. I don’t think that is reasonable.

If it was a choice of Panarin and a 1+ for Kreider I would prefer that. But since there are no guarantees I think Kreider would be a heck of a Plan B.

Only a problem for next season. This is a rebuild. It is not about next year.

Trading for Trouba does mean they are in a rush to rebuild. You still need offense on the team, who knows how long it will take some of the younger guys to pan out.

You said you were not sure you would pay 6x$6.5. I don’t think that is reasonable.

If it was a choice of Panarin and a 1+ for Kreider I would prefer that. But since there are no guarantees I think Kreider would be a heck of a Plan B.

What does this mean?

Only a problem for next season. This is a rebuild. It is not about next year.

"It’s very dangerous when players lose hope,” Davidson said.

Another bad season and you could, potentially, be developing a losing culture.

I think you'd have to knock my tits off at the draft for me to want to trade Kreider.

His 19/20 salary of $4.625 million is pretty reasonable. Another case as with his Lundqvist musings Brooks may be contractually obliged to write something leading up to the draft.

• Like 1

His 19/20 salary of $4.625 million is pretty reasonable. Another case as with his Lundqvist musings Brooks may be contractually obliged to write something leading up to the draft.

Larry's comments about Lundquist are musings, but his discussion of Kreider is pretty firm. Love or hate Uncle Larry, and he may be wrong about some things sometimes, but he is almost never wrong when he predicts that a player is on the way out. I've never seen him write an article like the one he wrote about Kreider today and have it turn out that the player stays long term.

11 PHI for extended Kreider + 4th

13 FLA + Heponiemi for Kreider + Boo

16 COL + Jost

26 CGY - no clue

27 TB + Johnson for Kreider + 3rd

30 BOS + JFK + 2nd for Kreider + cond 3rd (2nd if resigns)

Oilers (8) and Vancouver (10) have been advertising their picks, but I dont know if theyll get up that high. Would probably require a first or top prospect going the other way.

Kreider and what other pieces would you think it would take for Colorado to give up their 4th pick..?

I'd do Kreider, Lundkvist, and a 3rd for the 4th overall pick and hope to god that Bowen Byram is still there for us. What ya think? too much, too little?

Kreider and what other pieces would you think it would take for Colorado to give up their 4th pick..?

I'd do Kreider, Lundkvist, and a 3rd for the 4th overall pick and hope to god that Bowen Byram is still there for us. What ya think? too much, too little?

I think it would take more. And I?d go after one of the big C?s with that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

"It’s very dangerous when players lose hope,” Davidson said.

Another bad season and you could, potentially, be developing a losing culture.

The rangers are improving either way. To think that next season is the finishing touches on a rebuild is ridiculous. They can put a better team out there without panarin or kreider next year. They would also have plenty of cap space to make improvements down the line.

There is a middle lane here. Unbeknownst to many here.

The rangers are improving either way. To think that next season is the finishing touches on a rebuild is ridiculous. They can put a better team out there without panarin or kreider next year. They would also have plenty of cap space to make improvements down the line.

Of course the rebuild isn't going to be complete this year. The team does need to keep improving though. Being near the bottom of the league again in my opinion really isn't acceptable, but it's ok to not make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Why is that ridiculous? Next season they are going to be competitive. Maybe not necessarily a playoff team but certainly heading in that direction. By 20-21 I think this team is very dangerous (obviously projecting our assets all to be what we and management think they are).

At this point, we all know how you feel about adding Panarin...this doesn't mean you are right and you don't have to add stuff to the end of your posts trying to show that you're smarter than everyone else.

Put me in the category of people that could go either way on this. On the one hand, I think he's finally coming in to his own and could be dangerous with Zib for several years. You can't expect to be competitive, which we want to be regardless of the rebuild, and then trade one of your only sure things and a leader on this team.

On the other hand, if a trade in to the top 5, or even the top 10, to nab one of those big time centers, I think we need that way more than we need another winger who's going to be very costly. Also, he's likely going to command $7 mil on the market and I'd rather be spending that on anything other than "bridge deals" for our younger players.

I see next season as a growing year. There's still an absolute ass-load of work to do with some of the dinosaurs we currently have on the roster. Add in the fact that we have a pretty good load of young players that need to strut their shit as well pretty soon.

We have to do something with Smith

Shatty has to show us what he's got this year

Kreider obviously needs some attention

Staal is getting ready to be put out to pasture

Hank is getting long in tooth

Also there are players on the roster that need to be addressed like Vesey, and the rest of that /YAWN "bottom six".

That being said, I'm not even looking at the playoffs. Trouba is a great add that was a tremendous shot in the arm for the rebuild, and the reason they need him long term in my opinion, is because they know that this team is going to need 2 more seasons to get where it needs to be. An absolute fuck ton of cash comes off the books after 2020, and I think that's where the Rangers will strike HUGE in free agency....not really this year. But I would like to watch these kids grow together and become a "team" over the next 2 years without any expectations more than "just play hard, and gimme 100% every night".

I see next season as a growing year. There's still an absolute ass-load of work to do with some of the dinosaurs we currently have on the roster. Add in the fact that we have a pretty good load of young players that need to strut their shit as well pretty soon.

We have to do something with Smith

Shatty has to show us what he's got this year

Kreider obviously needs some attention

Staal is getting ready to be put out to pasture

Hank is getting long in tooth

Also there are players on the roster that need to be addressed like Vesey, and the rest of that /YAWN "bottom six".

That being said, I'm not even looking at the playoffs. Trouba is a great add that was a tremendous shot in the arm for the rebuild, and the reason they need him long term in my opinion, is because they know that this team is going to need 2 more seasons to get where it needs to be. An absolute fuck ton of cash comes off the books after 2020, and I think that's where the Rangers will strike HUGE in free agency....not really this year. But I would like to watch these kids grow together and become a "team" over the next 2 years without any expectations more than "just play hard, and gimme 100% every night".

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2021

That's a list of the possible UFA's that hit the market next season. Outside of Taylor Hall, there isn't anyone like Panarin on the list. In fact, there's very few under 30. What are the chances that Hall even makes it to UFA at the end of the year? What are the odds that he would want to even play here?

We have an opportunity to add a stud like Panarin this season without shedding more assets. It's been well documented that he is interested in coming here. I don't think you can pass on this opportunity.

• Like 1

Of course the rebuild isn't going to be complete this year. The team does need to keep improving though. Being near the bottom of the league again in my opinion really isn't acceptable, but it's ok to not make the playoffs.

The team is already improved with doing nothing else but adding Kakko. How much they improve and how quick this rebuild comes to an end will depend on the development of the kids, not what ufa they sign. The ufas will help speed it up but without the kids it’s all for naught. Which takes me to my opinion on Panarin. Signing him is great but if Anderson, chytil, Howden, their entire defense, etc don’t become what we hope than the rangers are still searching for that contending team with less flexibility

I like the idea of a panarin type, I just don’t like the timing. I think it assumes to much about what they have, when they’d be better served waiting and seeing what they need. Top line wings don’t seem to be in short supply for this team. Defense and center are what worry me no less goaltending.

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2021

That's a list of the possible UFA's that hit the market next season. Outside of Taylor Hall, there isn't anyone like Panarin on the list. In fact, there's very few under 30. What are the chances that Hall even makes it to UFA at the end of the year? What are the odds that he would want to even play here?

We have an opportunity to add a stud like Panarin this season without shedding more assets. It's been well documented that he is interested in coming here. I don't think you can pass on this opportunity.

I hear ya Kev...I'm not discounting Panarin...it's just that they've preached this "Stay the course" mentality, and have sold us on the whole rebuild is going to be "a while", that the idea of Panarin, as enticing as it may sound, quite frankly goes against everything they've said so far (Gorton/JD).

I'm not against bringing in a player like that, but I just don't see them doing that. On the flip side, I didn't see the Trouba thing either, but after knowing the reasons and what the dire needs of this team were on defense for the coming decade, it makes a ton of sense for a Trouba.

Panarin?? we'll see man...

Put me in the category of people that could go either way on this. On the one hand, I think he's finally coming in to his own and could be dangerous with Zib for several years. You can't expect to be competitive, which we want to be regardless of the rebuild, and then trade one of your only sure things and a leader on this team.

On the other hand, if a trade in to the top 5, or even the top 10, to nab one of those big time centers, I think we need that way more than we need another winger who's going to be very costly. Also, he's likely going to command $7 mil on the market and I'd rather be spending that on anything other than "bridge deals" for our younger players.

Put me in this camp also. I can see a plan with Kreider and without him. I have really enjoyed watching and rooting for him and know he will be valuable asset to someone going forward. I just want Gorton/JD to make up their minds now and pull the trigger, yea or nay.