• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

This Feels Like the End for Chris Kreider and the Rangers

Phil

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t brlieve we are already talking cap with having like 8 guys under 22 on the team.

I know you've seen the names coming off the books in 2 years. You're just being difficult at this point. We get it. You didn't want to sign Panarin.

I can’t brlieve we are already talking cap with having like 8 guys under 22 on the team.

Does Gorton really look like a guy with a plan??He just does things!

Come on,Gorton knows what he's doing, relax a little and enjoy

• Like 1

We got about $25m in bad defenseman and an old goalie for two more years.

Looks like short term we will have to move/buyout $8m worth of space.

I know you've seen the names coming off the books in 2 years. You're just being difficult at this point. We get it. You didn't want to sign Panarin.

No I’m not I asking a legitimate question who is going and how. The rangers need to shed 6-8m right now not 2 years from now. Of course I didn’t want this but it’s done. Regardless what’s he’s been paid the rangersjust got a really good player, so hopefully he is the lead horse people seem to think he is. In the end I’m a dedicated fan. I want them to win and I’m rooting for it. That doesn’t mean I can’t aak the question, how are they getting under the cap? If somebody else asked you wouldn’t worry about my implied diss of this deal, which is not the intention. More changes are coming because they have to. I moving on to what’s the next move.

We got about $25m in bad defenseman and an old goalie for two more years.

Looks like short term we will have to move/buyout $8m worth of space.

Can they even do that? How many buyouts are allowed? Didn’t spooner getting bought out use up one of the rangers buyouts? Didn’t the buyout period already pass? If they buyout said defenseman doesn’t that add more cap space to the team 2-3 years from now when the cap will come tight? Shouldn’t they avoid the looming crunch by avoiding buyouts?

Can they even do that? How many buyouts are allowed? Didn’t spooner getting bought out use up one of the rangers buyouts? Didn’t the buyout period already pass? If they buyout said defenseman doesn’t that add more cap space to the team 2-3 years from now when the cap will come tight? Shouldn’t they avoid the looming crunch by avoiding buyouts?

If one of the Rangers' arbitration-eligible players elects for arbitration it'll give the Rangers a second buyout window they can use on one of the suspected buyouts like Strome or Smith.

They can also probably find some market for Namestnikov, Strome, etc. They're available on one-year deals and are useful depth players. It's not like you really have to be concerned about the return on them. The Rangers also have all three of their salary retention spots open.

If one of the Rangers' arbitration-eligible players elects for arbitration it'll give the Rangers a second buyout window they can use on one of the suspected buyouts like Strome or Smith.

They can also probably find some market for Namestnikov, Strome, etc. They're available on one-year deals and are useful depth players. It's not like you really have to be concerned about the return on them. The Rangers also have all three of their salary retention spots open.

Gorton's a wizard. I have full faith he will make the best moves possible to free up cap. I really don't think he will buy any players out. It's too much of a killer on future cap.

I can?t brlieve we are already talking cap with having like 8 guys under 22 on the team.
I can't believe with what the rangers have done this off- season that you can't even find a little enjoyment in it at all. Gloom and doom to the end with you I guess? Is this all because the hockey minds of the rangers didn't agree with you?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No I?m not I asking a legitimate question who is going and how. The rangers need to shed 6-8m right now not 2 years from now. Of course I didn?t want this but it?s done. Regardless what?s he?s been paid the rangersjust got a really good player, so hopefully he is the lead horse people seem to think he is. In the end I?m a dedicated fan. I want them to win and I?m rooting for it. That doesn?t mean I can?t aak the question, how are they getting under the cap? If somebody else asked you wouldn?t worry about my implied diss of this deal, which is not the intention. More changes are coming because they have to. I moving on to what?s the next move.

Well, here's the answer that we all already know: Namestnikov and one of Shattenkirk or Smith will not be with the team. Not to mention Kreider.

There will be plenty of room once it all shakes out. This has been talked about ad nauseam. Don't pretend like you're just asking questions. You've been negitive all day about it. Just enjoy man. We're likely never going to have another summer as good as this one.

The Rangers just signed an elite player at a good age for the first time in decades.

Every single commentator worth listening to have nothing but praise for the move.

Yet there is a section of fans who needs to piss and moan, even though deep down I’m sure they know the cap is completely manageable both in the short and long term.

If you can’t be happy with this I don’t know what to tell you. Personally I’m moonwalking to work this morning.

I didn’t want this move since the beginning. I’m not pissing and morning I’m trying to move on and discuss what’s next. Talking about who’s gone is great. How? I must have missed all the talk about the league interest in shattenkirk, Smith, Namestnikov, etc. because in fact there are threads right on the home page here that’s title is nobody wants shattenkirk or smith even at 50% retention. So that means a buyout?

Kreider is a for gone conclusion I agree. Kind of flies in the all panarin costs is money argument but let’s move on.

It really is funny though. For five months I’m steadfast against signing him. Then he signs and I’m pissing and moaning and “never happy about the moves they make”. Outside of the return of Namestnikov for miller I was 100% on board with all the moves since the letter. I thought they were doing a great job. Now Namestnikov is being discussed as being thrown out for nothing. Miller just got traded for a first. People complain about my negativity, argue their point than change with the wind. Namestnikov was a great return not 16 months ago. Today he’s garbage and can be disposed of for nothing in return.

Look panarin is here I hope the team does great with him. I’m not doubting that he won’t have individual success. I’m worried about the ultimate success, winningacup. I’m certainly no expert and my mind can be changed. I hope it is.

Happy about the move though? Why would I be happy? I didn’t want it ever. I don’t think it’s smart. I also think hes being grossly overrated. I don’t view him as a franchise player.

The Rangers just signed an elite player at a good age for the first time in decades.

Every single commentator worth listening to have nothing but praise for the move.

Yet there is a section of fans who needs to piss and moan, even though deep down I’m sure they know the cap is completely manageable both in the short and long term.

If you can’t be happy with this I don’t know what to tell you. Personally I’m moonwalking to work this morning.

First time in decades? Huh?

I didn’t want this move since the beginning. I’m not pissing and morning I’m trying to move on and discuss what’s next. Talking about who’s gone is great. How? I must have missed all the talk about the league interest in shattenkirk, Smith, Namestnikov, etc. because in fact there are threads right on the home page here that’s title is nobody wants shattenkirk or smith even at 50% retention. So that means a buyout?

Kreider is a for gone conclusion I agree. Kind of flies in the all panarin costs is money argument but let’s move on.

It really is funny though. For five months I’m steadfast against signing him. Then he signs and I’m pissing and moaning and “never happy about the moves they make”. Outside of the return of Namestnikov for miller I was 100% on board with all the moves since the letter. I thought they were doing a great job. Now Namestnikov is being discussed as being thrown out for nothing. Miller just got traded for a first. People complain about my negativity, argue their point than change with the wind. Namestnikov was a great return not 16 months ago. Today he’s garbage and can be disposed of for nothing in return.

Look panarin is here I hope the team does great with him. I’m not doubting that he won’t have individual success. I’m worried about the ultimate success, winningacup. I’m certainly no expert and my mind can be changed. I hope it is.

Happy about the move though? Why would I be happy? I didn’t want it ever. I don’t think it’s smart. I also think hes being grossly overrated. I don’t view him as a franchise player.

It wasn't Miller for Namestnikov. It never was and it never will be. It was a package deal and we have no idea how that trade would have been split up if it was just for McDonagh.

If they really can't find someone to take Smith or Shattenkirk at 50%, which didn't look likely, they will need to choose one of the following options to meet the cap:

1) Buyout Smith

2) Buyout Shattenkirk

3) Trade Kreider

4) Trade Buchnevich

I've ranked them by my preference, though if Kreider wants too much money then that becomes #1 for me.

To be clear FF, my post wasn’t really directed at you specifically, even though I can see why it seems like it is.

It’s mostly directed at what I’ve seen and heard from fans around the way.

You’ve been consistent the whole time and that’s fine. I don’t agree with you at all, but that’s not news.

Think Names and Strome are useful 3rd/4th line forwards, they'll find homes and give us some cap space to keep Kreider. Wasn't totally on board but when you see the lines you can roll and the depth, this is going to be a very good team. Based on what Gorton and Davidson have done so far (and it's remarkable), they will figure it out.
  • Like 1

Based on what you can get back, and the kinds of players you want around based on how they performed last year... The order of exits should be:

Kreider (obvious reasons, expensive and has massive value)

Shattenkirk (more value than Smith)

Names (Versatile forward)

Smith (buriable)

Buch (pretty much a wild card with what you'll get)

ADA (we've got too many of the same kind of RHD)

Strome

There are moves out there to clear cap.

We got a 27 year old star player. I don’t buy the notion that at the end of the contract we get a few bad years. Ovi is 33, has over 13 years in the league, plays a more physical game, and is still a star. I am sure Gorton knows exactly what he is doing with the cap. Nobody can predict injuries, and we still got dead wood and a ton of uncertain youth, but it is real nice to add a star player in his prime to the mix. A guy that wants to be here.

It wasn't Miller for Namestnikov. It never was and it never will be. It was a package deal and we have no idea how that trade would have been split up if it was just for McDonagh.

If they really can't find someone to take Smith or Shattenkirk at 50%, which didn't look likely, they will need to choose one of the following options to meet the cap:

1) Buyout Smith

2) Buyout Shattenkirk

3) Trade Kreider

4) Trade Buchnevich

I've ranked them by my preference, though if Kreider wants too much money then that becomes #1 for me.

Listen I’m not trying to relitegate the Tampa trade. My point is we traded our captain and another good player and one of the main pieces coming back,Namestnikov, is basically being thrown out as trash if need be by some here. I didn’t like him coming back as an asset and he mY very well be moved for very little.

As far as your options to get under the cap I’d prefer trading for space rather than buyouts. My only reason is my concern about the cap three years from today. It’s going to be tight and adding dead cap space isn’t going to help. My view of this team has not changed. Their window really starts two or three years from now. I’m a big believer that these kids need to grow some before thinking they are ready to be consistent cogs on a contending team. Of course they were always going to be on the roster before panarin. After panarin the cap situation means they are there no matter what because they need their elcs. That’s fine. The roll out of lines looks inpressice outside of center ice. But to me anyway it looks impressive in a couple of years. After all there is a lot of kids here. So in the end I’m not buying into the playoff thing for next year. Not being negative just not seeing it or thinking it’s fair to expect so much from the kids. They have great futures and that time will come.