• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

This Feels Like the End for Chris Kreider and the Rangers

Phil

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long-term, if you go "Panarin + Kreider"... Yes it does. 7m for Kreider, or 7m for Buch + ADA. You show that in your post.

What are you talking about? It has $7m for Buch and ADA for this year, and then Kreider at $7m is just another ~$2.5 the year after. Beyond that, Staal, Smith and Hank come off the books, and Shatty's buyout comes down by ~$5m.

The only issue would be next year, when you'd probably have to dump Staal or Smith.

What are you talking about? It has $7m for Buch and ADA for this year, and then Kreider at $7m is just another ~$2.5 the year after. Beyond that, Staal, Smith and Hank come off the books, and Shatty's buyout comes down by ~$5m.

The only issue would be next year, when you'd probably have to dump Staal or Smith.

They’re fine! Just have to buy 2 contracts and move 3 more, sure

no way ADA is part of the future of this team

Don’t know if your serious or not, but I also kind of see this as well. With all the blue line prospects we have getting ready to come in here, I don’t know if there is a spot for him.

Don’t know if your serious or not, but I also kind of see this as well. With all the blue line prospects we have getting ready to come in here, I don’t know if there is a spot for him.

He’s certainly going to get his opportunity

Though it may work out in the end that he just isn’t in the mix

I give Deangelo a 1-year deal. Prove it.

He’s been too inconsistent, and in the Quinn bin too often. Although I like ADA, his play, plus the rookie pipeline could get a bit sticky. I would like to give him every opportunity to prove he’s a top 4 guy, but he can’t be paid as such until it’s safely proven.

I am. I like his play, I just don't see how he fits in with all these signings and prospects coming up.

None of the guys coming through the pipeline have anywhere near the offensive upside of deAngelo (not counting Fox as he’ll be with the Rangers this year).

I agree he’s far from a lock, but that’s as much to do with Tony DeAngelo himself as anything else.

The pipeline is stacked, and competition for the 6 spots will be fierce, but that’s true for all the guys.

I think saying there’s “no way” he’s part of the future is very premature.

You’re not even reading.

What did I miss?

You don't have to buyout two and move 3. The 3 trades - Vesey, Namestnikov, Strome - are all expiring contracts. Shatty buyout. Staal or Smith can be moved fairly easily after this season, with only 1 year left. It will cost an asset, but it's not difficult.

You're just scared of the cap, but NYR has the ability to do basically anything they want right now.

What did I miss?

You don't have to buyout two and move 3. The 3 trades - Vesey, Namestnikov, Strome - are all expiring contracts. Shatty buyout. Staal or Smith can be moved fairly easily after this season, with only 1 year left. It will cost an asset, but it's not difficult.

You're just scared of the cap, but NYR has the ability to do basically anything they want right now.

Yeah, I agree Future. The Rangers are in a very good area....and I know I may be a couple of bricks short of a wall thinking this but I just have a gut feeling that Shattenkirk is going to have a rebound year. I've been saying it all summer and I just keep getting the feeling that he's just too damn talented to be as much of a Non Factor as he's been.

If Shatty and Kreider can put up some good performances this season, we can possibly take a poke at the playoffs or at worst, trade them at the deadline for a #1, or to a contender for a shot at Lafreniere in the 2020 draft.

I can also see Staal retiring after his contract is up. His tank is just about empty.

None of the guys coming through the pipeline have anywhere near the offensive upside of deAngelo (not counting Fox as he’ll be with the Rangers this year).

I agree he’s far from a lock, but that’s as much to do with Tony DeAngelo himself as anything else.

The pipeline is stacked, and competition for the 6 spots will be fierce, but that’s true for all the guys.

I think saying there’s “no way” he’s part of the future is very premature.

I just don't see him in the long term scenario. he's fun to watch, especially towards the end of the season. He was making things happen on the ice but I also of opinion that he's a pain in the ass for the coaches. I could be wrong, of course.

I just don't see him in the long term scenario. he's fun to watch, especially towards the end of the season. He was making things happen on the ice but I also of opinion that he's a pain in the ass for the coaches. I could be wrong, of course.

I think this is going to be a much more telling season, CC. The Rangers now have a direction, and a plan of attack. Last year it just seemed to be more of an experiment with players and coach getting used to the big show, and others adapting to change. I'm sure there will be lots more changes but the point is that I feel like the hierarchy knows now what it's looking for in the team they're building.

Some guys are going to fit and some will not. We'll probably see them get guys we never even thought of in the mix eventually. But yeah man, I can feel ya on ADA. I'm not sure what's up with him sometimes. I guess we'll see this season.

Oh yeah, definitely! I'd love to see him make some big strides this year. He's also got a nice little mean streak in him which could be handy one day when the playoffs are more of a reality. I'm just watching curiously this year and with a much better attitude!!

I'm very happy to say that!!! :thumbs:

We really shouldn?t be panicking with Shatty, after this year his actual salary is 4 mil., I?m sure there will be teams out there who can fit his 6.65 mil. cap number and be more than happy to pay him his 4 mil. actual.

Saw this on bleacher report, dated 06/26 Paul Kasabian.

Jimmy Vesey to the Buffalo Sabres?

Jimmy Vesey could be making his way up the New York State Thruway to Western New York.

Per Darren Dreger of TSN (h/t Brayton Wilson of WGR 550), the Buffalo Sabres are "one of four or five teams that I'm told that remain fairly interested" in the 26-year-old, who amassed 17 goals and 18 assists last season.

Dreger provided more information, including notes on Sabres forward Alex Nylander:

"Whether or not [Nylander would] be included in the Vesey deal, the sense I got from my Rangers sources last night was that, I don't want to oversell Buffalo's involvement in a trade negotiation with the New York Rangers, Buffalo is one of the teams that is interested in Jimmy Vesey. I didn't get the sense that Nylander had to be involved in that trade, but when I asked about him, I was told that he could be on the move."

Nylander, 21, was the eighth overall pick in the 2016 NHL draft and has scored three goals in 19 career games over three seasons.

Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post explained why the Rangers would move Vesey, noting that sending his $2.275 million salary (and other players' salaries) elsewhere could help the team land another "big-ticket player" after trading for Trouba.

Plus, Vesey could be a better fit on a Sabres team in win-now mode, even if it hasn't made the playoffs since 2011. A 10-game win streak gave Buffalo a 17-6-2 record before a tailspin left them with one of the league's worst records.

The team's core is talented and young, led by 22-year-old Jack Eichel, and another offseason and further development could lead to brighter days. Vesey, who scored more goals than all but three Sabres last season, can help that charge.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Where Is Chris Kreider Going?

Chris Kreider's eight-season career with the New York Rangers could be coming to an end this summer.

This is from the same bleacher report article from Paul Kasabian dated 6/26

Per Joe Haggerty of NBC Sports Boston last Friday, the Boston Bruins have interest in the former Boston College star, who was born in Boxford, Massachusetts.

Kreider has scored 133 regular-season goals with the Blueshirts, including tying a career-high with 28 last season. Adding him to the mix would be a prudent move for a Bruins team that finished an above-average 11th in scoring last year.

The article post stats as to how Panarin isn?t really much of an improvement over Kreider?when you look at the salary difference both are predicted to get.

Where Is Chris Kreider Going?

Chris Kreider's eight-season career with the New York Rangers could be coming to an end this summer.

This is from the same bleacher report article from Paul Kasabian dated 6/26

Per Joe Haggerty of NBC Sports Boston last Friday, the Boston Bruins have interest in the former Boston College star, who was born in Boxford, Massachusetts.

Kreider has scored 133 regular-season goals with the Blueshirts, including tying a career-high with 28 last season. Adding him to the mix would be a prudent move for a Bruins team that finished an above-average 11th in scoring last year.

The article post stats as to how Panarin isn’t really much of an improvement over Kreider—when you look at the salary difference both are predicted to get.

This is just false. I like Kreider but Panarin is twice as skilled as he is. Money is whatever it is, but Panarin is a massive upgrade.