• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Oilers' Puljujarvi Requests Trade

Phil

Nash

Grabner

Strome

Fox

Zibanejad

Trouba

Got a pick for McLeod

Wait and see with the McDonagh and Stepan trades. And might also get a 1st out of Zuccarello.

not robberies, just hockey trades.

and I wouldn't call trouba trade a robbery just yet. The reason Trouba came cheap is that there's no certainty he'll stick around after this season. the guy has a history of not wanting to play for teams

Zibanejad deal and Trouba deal are both huge steals for Gorton.

I disagree. Zib was considered damaged goods with his concussion problems. they traded him for a veteran with an exceptional playoff production to compete in the playoffs.

Trouba deal looks really good now but what if he doesn't re-sign? would it be a steal then?

I disagree. Zib was considered damaged goods with his concussion problems. they traded him for a veteran with an exceptional playoff production to compete in the playoffs.

Trouba deal looks really good now but what if he doesn't re-sign? would it be a steal then?

No, he missed 4 or 5 games in the previous 3 seasons combined.

He was considered "plateaued"

No, he missed 4 or 5 games in the previous 3 seasons combined.

He was considered "plateaued"

69 games in his 3rd year with Ottawa. 80 and 81 the next two seasons. then 56 games with the rangers. There were definitely talks of him being concussion prone, etc.

That's the reason he could be had on the cheap. I think he's a risk worth taking. Especially if it's for a Vesey or Namestikov.

I mean, I'd drive Vesey to Edmonton myself but that said Puljujarvi probably needs less playing time or even AHL time to get his confidence back and begin his true development. He was resistant to both of those things in Edmonton -- and by resistant I mean he's threatening to breach his contract and go to Europe.

By all accounts he's not ready to step into a major role for any team. Ray Ferraro said he wasn't even an NHL player on TSN radio yesterday. I have no problem putting him in Hartford but I have a problem with a rotten apple spoiling the bunch, especially when we're trying to create a new environment down there.