• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Oilers' Puljujarvi Requests Trade

Phil

his stats aren't very good. does he suck?

Oilers treated him how Rangers fans treat their prospects.

He needed more development, didnt get it. At times he looks lost, mostly hesitant, and not able to skate or play. He's been ineffective, and was moved down the lineup very quickly the first 2 seasons. Last year, he was checked out. He doesn't want to go to Bakersfield (AHL).

He could benefit from a change of scenery, obviously. Still some potential, but he's not going to be a top line player. Maybe something clicks and he's a 2nd liner in a few years.

He's young, big, decent speed, very good shot (struggles to find the scoring spots)

so we have no need for him. we have Buch

We don't need him, no. In fact I think he's a bad option. EDM fucked up but clearly he has some maturity issues. We already have a few reclamation projects. Don't need any more. Def don't need a negative Fin coming in with Kakko.

As I said, he could turn out to be a good player but we don't need to risk that, IMO.

We don't need him, no. In fact I think he's a bad option. EDM fucked up but clearly he has some maturity issues. We already have a few reclamation projects. Don't need any more. Def don't need a negative Fin coming in with Kakko.

As I said, he could turn out to be a good player but we don't need to risk that, IMO.

I'd offer a different viewpoint.

I think that's exactly the type of swing for upside the Rangers are in a position to take. Assuming the price is right, obviously.

He's only 3 years out of the draft, at which point he was considered an absolutely elite talent. Yes, things have gone wrong for him at Edmonton and he doesn't project as an elite player any longer. But the talent is obviously there, and he has been part of an absolute shit show up there. In addition, even taking the situation out of the argument, prospects do develop in different ways. Some definitely need more time to grow up and put it all together. Look at Timo Meier, for instance. Picked at #9, struggled to get it together, yo-yoing between the AHL and the Sharks and then this year, boom. There was a bit of rumblings from the Sharks fan base and the word "bust" was used. I'm not saying Puljujarvi will have the same trajectory, but there is definite upside there if someone can unlock it. And if you can have him for someone like Vesey it's literally playing with house money imo. Almost no risk, and enormous upside if they get it right.

I'd also trust the organization to deal with him if he becomes an issue.

Reminds me of a Nino Neiderreiter situation. If you can get him for CHEAP, then do it.

I'd certainly give them Lias.

So would I, but I doubt it takes even that much. They can probably land him for Vesey alone.

He's gotten one absolute robbery under his belt for the Rangers where the other team was shackled. Let's not act like it's habitual.

Nash

Grabner

Strome

Fox

Zibanejad

Trouba

Got a pick for McLeod

Wait and see with the McDonagh and Stepan trades. And might also get a 1st out of Zuccarello.