• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ducks Buyout F Corey Perry

Phil

Too bad this wasn’t 6 years ago

Eh, I'd still entertain the idea in a world where the Rangers trade Kreider, Vesey, and more. A one-year deal for a third-line role + veteran leadership? You can pick worse options.

He's been a 50 point player even in his 30s. Last year he was hurt the majority of the season. Where are you finding a 50 point player for 2 million bucks?
You have him penciled in for 50 points in 2020/2021? He hasn't scored more than 20 goals in 3 years and he keeps getting older.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You have him penciled in for 50 points in 2020/2021? He hasn't scored more than 20 goals in 3 years and he keeps getting older.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wouldn't say it's a lock or anything, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt until he can't do it anymore. He has been a good player for a long time. 34 isn't dead. Look at Pavelski.

I wouldn't say it's a lock or anything, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt until he can't do it anymore. He has been a good player for a long time. 34 isn't dead. Look at Pavelski.

Has nothing to do with Pavelski. Pavelski has been healthy his whole career. Perry is a goal scorer who just cam back from having his knee rebuilt and scored 6 goals in 30 games. That's a 16 goal pace.

Has nothing to do with Pavelski. Pavelski has been healthy his whole career. Perry is a goal scorer who just cam back from having his knee rebuilt and scored 6 goals in 30 games. That's a 16 goal pace.

Still waiting for some 50 point players at 2 million dollars. I'll lower the bar. 40 point players.

It's entirely possible that a guy in his situation, with getting paid through the buyout, would be willing to take a lower salary. I don't think he'd take it with us though. Probably a team that looks more likely to compete for a cup.

But if he did want to come here, on a relatively cheap and short deal (2 years max) I wouldn't be totally opposed to it. If it's a one year deal at 3.5 Mil or thereabouts, I don't see why not. Strong veteran leadership, cup winner, tons of playoff experience, and can still potentially go back to his past scoring clip. Last year was the first time he wasn't producing at a good rate.

does the CBA still have that rule where if you sign a contract before you are 35 years old, the cap hit is average out (with a contract signed after 35 having the actual dollars on that season as a cap hit)? If so I could see him taking a front loaded deal over two years to lower the cap hit and then retiring after one season (as we did with Naslund)