• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Teams Fearing 2019-20 Salary Cap Ceiling of Less than $82 Million

• 9 months later...
Whatever happens with the 20-21 season, I doubt that it will produce the revenues necessary to increase the cap, so this is going to be a multi-year freeze or reduction in the cap. Even if all of the coronavirus restrictions are over before next season, successful small to medium sized businesses are major customers for suites (it's not just Citibank etc.) and other high priced tickets, so there is going to be downward pressure on revenues. I hope the PA is amenable to some new amnesty buy outs.

Whatever happens with the 20-21 season, I doubt that it will produce the revenues necessary to increase the cap, so this is going to be a multi-year freeze or reduction in the cap. Even if all of the coronavirus restrictions are over before next season, successful small to medium sized businesses are major customers for suites (it's not just Citibank etc.) and other high priced tickets, so there is going to be downward pressure on revenues. I hope the PA is amenable to some new amnesty buy outs.

Will the owners be able to pay them?