• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Not Likely Done Yet

Phil

If they move Kreider, they need another big, fast, physical body up front.

Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Buchnevich, Vesey, Namestnikov, Howden, Andersson. These guys arent hard to play against. Other than Lemieux, you list Fast and Zibanejad as the physical forwards... lol

I would see Kakko and Kravtso being a pass ass to play against in the future

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they move Kreider, they need another big, fast, physical body up front.

Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Buchnevich, Vesey, Namestnikov, Howden, Andersson. These guys arent hard to play against. Other than Lemieux, you list Fast and Zibanejad as the physical forwards... lol

Gimme Ryan Reaves, Josh!!! I want my terminator!!!! :rofl:

The acquisition of Trouba signals the Rangers desire to be better next season. Trading Kreider for a 1st round pick no longer makes sense, IMO. They're not selling.

If Kreider is moved, I'd assume it would be for a similarly established player.

The acquisition of Trouba signals the Rangers desire to be better next season. Trading Kreider for a 1st round pick no longer makes sense, IMO. They're not selling.

If Kreider is moved, I'd assume it would be for a similarly established player.

I don't really agree. They still have cap to manage and being "better" means a lot of things. It can mean incrementally better, which doesn't mean they plan on being good...Just not a lottery team.

Just a depth chart here, not lines, with Vesey moved.

Kakko Zib Buch

Kravtsov Strome Chytil

Lemiuex Howden Names

Lias Boo Fast

Some AHL guys, and we haven't even signed any UFAs...Like I'd rather have Panarin for the next 7 years at 11 million than Krieder for the next 7 at 7 million.

I don't really agree. They still have cap to manage and being "better" means a lot of things. It can mean incrementally better, which doesn't mean they plan on being good...Just not a lottery team.

Kakko Zib Buch

Kravtsov Strome Chytil

Lemiuex Howden Names

Lias Boo Fast

Some AHL guys, and we haven't even signed any UFAs...Like I'd rather have Panarin for the next 7 years at 11 million than Krieder for the next 7 at 7 million.

Is that why you left Kreider off your depth chart?
anderson too
I just assumed since he didn't list defensemen, he had given the money to Stanley Cup winner Michael Del Zotto to bolster the left side with winning experience.
Do you guys read, at all lol?

Kakko Zib Buch

Kravtsov Strome Chytil

Lemiuex Howden Names

Lias Boo Fast

Problem is the Kreider decision should happen at the draft. We won’t know about Panarin for a few weeks. Looking at your depth chart we could clearly use a veteran scoring presence.

Problem is the Kreider decision should happen at the draft. We won?t know about Panarin for a few weeks. Looking at your depth chart we could clearly use a veteran scoring presence.
To do what, next year? Be mediocre?

I'd rather be bad and get another early first rounder + a first for Kreider.

Yes. You said you'd rather have Panarin than Kreider and then didn't list either of them. So I figured you gave the money elsewhere. ;)
Yea but I was replying to someone saying we should assume if Kreider is traded, we'd get a Kreider like object back because we're supposed to be "better" next year.

Kakko Zib Buch

Kravtsov Strome Chytil

Lemiuex Howden Names

Lias Boo Fast

I 100% agree. There isn't a world where I'd want to pay Kreider 7 million dollars.

But I think Vesey and Namestnikov will be moved for low picks or mediocre players -- that clears two roster spots. If Kreider is also moved for a 1st round pick, now we have three open slots and not enough talent to fill it.

To me it doesn't make sense to bring in Trouba, then immediately ship out three roster players -- specifically a 50 point player for picks. If those other bums go, I think Kreider's return will have to be something other than picks

I 100% agree. There isn't a world where I'd want to pay Kreider 7 million dollars.

But I think Vesey and Namestnikov will be moved for low picks or mediocre players -- that clears two roster spots. If Kreider is also moved for a 1st round pick, now we have three open slots and not enough talent to fill it.

To me it doesn't make sense to bring in Trouba, then immediately ship out three roster players -- specifically a 50 point player for picks. If those other bums go, I think Kreider's return will have to be something other than picks

I think next year is a wait and see year. If they're not good, Kreider gets moved at the deadline.

Everyone keeps saying it has to happen at draft. It doesn't.

• Like 1

I'm a Kreider guy, but trade Kreider and buy low on Zucker. He's locked in at I think 5 mill and can produce like Kreider. Supposedly Minnesota is trying to dump him. If you deal Kreider AND sign Panarin, Zucker could beva solid 2nd liner, who should fit Quinn's style.

Do we only want a 1st for Kreider? Gotta be a more fitting swap...

Wait wait wait. Screw that. Deal Kreider, sign Simmonds and Panarin.

To do what, next year? Be mediocre?

I'd rather be bad and get another early first rounder + a first for Kreider.

If we are talking about 7 year deals for Kreider or Panarin I think it is about a lot more than just next year.

I am hoping we keep doing things the right way and everything aligns for a playoff shot. If not maybe we get lucky in the lottery again. Would like to see a Kreider decision made before this draft. Sounds like that is what Gorton is shooting for.

I'm a Kreider guy, but trade Kreider and buy low on Zucker. He's locked in at I think 5 mill and can produce like Kreider. Supposedly Minnesota is trying to dump him. If you deal Kreider AND sign Panarin, Zucker could beva solid 2nd liner, who should fit Quinn's style.

Zucker got paid for one good season, and a season into that contract, they’re looking to move him.

Replacement for Kreider has to be a big strong physical player that can play in front. They have no one else like that.

Zucker is the type of player to clog the roster instead of playing kids. Currently, kreider isn’t blocking anyone, but we don’t need more middle 6 players. And no acquiring bad contracts like this.

If we are talking about 7 year deals for Kreider or Panarin I think it is about a lot more than just next year.

I am hoping we keep doing things the right way and everything aligns for a playoff shot. If not maybe we get lucky in the lottery again. Would like to see a Kreider decision made before this draft. Sounds like that is what Gorton is shooting for.

You said my lineup needs veteran scoring... To what end?

I'm saying IF they sign anyone, I'd rather sign Panarin and trade Kreider. But I'd trade Kreider anyway.

If not Panarin, pretty sure Hall can be had, and he wouldn't even have to relocate.

I think he's done and would not offer any value to this team at all. Definitely want Panarin though!