• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Not Likely Done Yet

Phil

Everyone that's here to begin the season must have belief that this team is built to win and they are here to be a part of that.

Whether that's Kreider, Namestnikov, Hank, whoever. Their negative shit can really set the team back and it can't be tolerated.

So, to me, that's why Kreider either needs to be signed or traded by camp.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Josh, ThirtyONE, RMC et al.

Sign him or move him. Absolutely no need to have a repeat of last years contractual situations.

Have they asked him for who his list of the 11 teams he can’t be traded to yet? And if so, any ideas on who might be on that list?

Have they asked him for who his list of the 11 teams he can’t be traded to yet? And if so, any ideas on who might be on that list?

He submitted, per LeBrun.

"Kreider is the name that jumps out, a quality veteran leader, but is just one year away from being UFA. He carries a $4.625-million cap hit in the last year of his deal, pretty darn reasonable for the 28 goals he scored this past season. He’s got a modified no-trade clause and his agent has already submitted his 11-team No list for this offseason. The Sabres, by the way, have been linked to Vesey."

https://theathletic.com/1034335/2019/06/18/lebrun-notebook-after-some-time-to-reflect-lightning-gm-julien-brisebois-sees-no-reason-to-alter-course/

• Like 1

Agreed Josh, ThirtyONE, RMC et al.

Sign him or move him. Absolutely no need to have a repeat of last years contractual situations.

Agree not just with Kreider, but all the guys who we don't expect to be here for the longer haul, even if we're left with too many kids this year and take a loss on some of the outflow . I know we're hamstrung contractually with the 3 older Ds (and Hank, but leaving open the possibility that he rises to the occasion) but having them all hang around for 2 more years will be like living in a house with decomposing corpses stacked in the dining room.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He submitted, per LeBrun.

"Kreider is the name that jumps out, a quality veteran leader, but is just one year away from being UFA. He carries a $4.625-million cap hit in the last year of his deal, pretty darn reasonable for the 28 goals he scored this past season. He’s got a modified no-trade clause and his agent has already submitted his 11-team No list for this offseason. The Sabres, by the way, have been linked to Vesey."

https://theathletic.com/1034335/2019/06/18/lebrun-notebook-after-some-time-to-reflect-lightning-gm-julien-brisebois-sees-no-reason-to-alter-course/

Good to know

Thank you for posting

They will have no trouble finding interested parties. Just a question if they get the deal they’re looking for.

The Rangers dont need 40-50 point guys on bad contracts. They dont need middle 6 players. They dont need back contracts.

Kreider adds an element this team needs more of. Zucker provides what we already have in Namestnikov, Vesey, Strome.

Sign Simmonds... what, just ... No man.

These are the types of moves that fuck over the team in 2 years. If you want a Zucker like player, target a cheaper change of scenery guy like Tyson Jost or Andre Burakovsky

No Danger Zone contracts!

Kreider is a 40-50 point guy though and people are saying he's going to get 6-7 mill. How is 5 mill for the exact same production a bad contract? IMO Zucker is world's better than Names, Strome and Vesey. I really disagree with how much you devalue this guy. Maybe I need to see more of him, because I think of him as what Vesey SHOULD be.

I don't keep Kreider here at 7 mill to always be an underachiever and screen the goalie.

He's never going to break out of it here. You trade him for picks, you get Zucker on the cheap and you sign Panarin. You then hope a youngster can overtake Zuckers spot and you delegate Zucker to an even more two way style on the third line. You have to have room for advancement. Kreider locked in at 7 mill to once again disappoint, isn't going to benefit the kids.

Zucker is a good role model for these younger guys (he just won the King Clancy award). If you can also shed Vesey, and add this kind of character player, I think it could help out things on track going forward.

I like Zucker.

I like the Rangers more.

Removing Kreider and replacing him with Zucker and you’re softer than Toronto. Look at the playoffs, the teams in the finals. Yet you keep on insisting in stripping this team of something it lacks, for another Jimmy Vesey comparable.

Kreider is a 40-50 point guy though and people are saying he's going to get 6-7 mill. How is 5 mill for the exact same production a bad contract? IMO Zucker is world's better than Names, Strome and Vesey. I really disagree with how much you devalue this guy. Maybe I need to see more of him, because I think of him as what Vesey SHOULD be.

I don't keep Kreider here at 7 mill to always be an underachiever and screen the goalie.

He's never going to break out of it here. You trade him for picks, you get Zucker on the cheap and you sign Panarin. You then hope a youngster can overtake Zuckers spot and you delegate Zucker to an even more two way style on the third line. You have to have room for advancement. Kreider locked in at 7 mill to once again disappoint, isn't going to benefit the kids.

Zucker is a good role model for these younger guys (he just won the King Clancy award). If you can also shed Vesey, and add this kind of character player, I think it could help out things on track going forward.

You are undervaluing Kreider a little. Plus, he scored 28 goals 2 out of the past 3 seasons with one cut short by injury. That's not nothing. Zucker certainly isn't going to be given away by Minnesota. He was just included on a deal for Phil Kessel, one of the best goal scorers in this generation.

I prefer to keep Kreider. If I'm trading him and looking for alternatives, I'm looking more at a guy like Kadri then I am Zucker at this point. Plays center, salary is more friendly, and he plays with an edge.

That's your bias speaking. 159 hits last year. Only Ovie and Evander Kane had more hits with more goal production in the league. That's the definition of today's power forward.
Ask yourself, from that list... who's a real sonofabitch to play against and then you'll see 1 of those players isn't like the other 2.

Hits is also a subjective stat and alot of systems go into it. Krieder is almost always the F1 in and the other 2 not so much. It doesn't make him particularly hard to play against.

And regarding the bias comment, if thinking he's rather ordinary means I'm bias, then sure. I'm bias.

I think saying we need to avoid "danger zone" contracts but want to pay Kreider 7 million... That's a far bigger and more dangerous bias.

Ask yourself, from that list... who's a real sonofabitch to play against and then you'll see 1 of those players isn't like the other 2.

Hits is also a subjective stat and alot of systems go into it. Krieder is almost always the F1 in and the other 2 not so much. It doesn't make him particularly hard to play against.

And regarding the bias comment, if thinking he's rather ordinary means I'm bias, then sure. I'm bias.

I think saying we need to avoid "danger zone" contracts but want to pay Kreider 7 million... That's a far bigger and more dangerous bias.

I'm not in love with the idea of paying Kreider 7 mil a season either but that's what Kane is getting and their production is fairly similar but with Kane throwing way more pucks on net.

I'm not in love with the idea of paying Kreider 7 mil a season either but that's what Kane is getting and their production is fairly similar but with Kane throwing way more pucks on net.
Kreider should throw more on net lol.

And look... When Kane isn't scoring, he's always visible. He's hitting and fighting and is a rat to play against.

Kreider can dress for a dozen games where you never hear his name called.

Kreider should throw more on net lol.

And look... When Kane isn't scoring, he's always visible. He's hitting and fighting and is a rat to play against.

Kreider can dress for a dozen games where you never hear his name called.

I don't disagree. The disappearing acts are what stops me from wanting to give him that kind of money. But without him (or a similar type of player) in this lineup we are baby soft. That's my issue with it. If we go out and trade for Kadri, I'd trade Kreider immediately.

Josh mentioned Burakovsky, What do you think the Capitals will get for Andre Burakovsky—he’s 24, is a RFA who made 3 mil. last year and only had 25 pts while getting 4th line minutes.

I know a couple of people mentioned Puljujarvi before as well.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

B-level prospect or a mid-round pick. Or change of scenery player (strome/spooner deal)

Salary wise, he'll probably get 2-3m on 1-2 year deal. Prove it deal

No way. He's just as inconsistent as Kreider. He plays with more of a temper than Kreider when he is engaged, but it's just as fleeting.

We would you rather to get hit by Kreider lof Kane

I'm not sure exactly what this says, but I think you mean "would you rather get hit by Kreider or Kane?" lol

I don't really see a difference. Kane hits more, probably, but Kreider could absolutely wreck anybody. That's not his game, but I don't think he gets enough credit for how physically strong he is.

I'm not sure exactly what this says, but I think you mean "would you rather get hit by Kreider or Kane?" lol

I don't really see a difference. Kane hits more, probably, but Kreider could absolutely wreck anybody. That's not his game, but I don't think he gets enough credit for how physically strong he is.

i think we saw that change a bit when Quinn came in and AV left. AV reeled in Kreider, as he was taking some bad penalties for hits, and loss ice time for it.

Quinn wants the grit, presence in front, guys getting nasty, going to the hard areas to play. He was producing, too. Then.. injury

I don’t want Kreider at 7. I don’t even know if I’d want him at 6m.

But if it’s Zucker at 5.5 + assets, or Kreider at 6.5, that’s a no brainer.

What if it's Zucker for Shattenkirk at 50% retention and Vesey?

The problem is, Kreider is likely to be out of here. I don't see the Rangers satisfying his contract demands. But you're making it like he's irreplaceable. They have to move on from him. Writing is on the wall. In your mind you think they need to replace Kreider with a similar player... Who? I don't know of any available, especially not at a cost the Rangers should afford.

The Rangers are going to be soft with or without Kreider.

Name some names if you have any suggestions. I'd love Simmonds, but who knows what his demands will be money wise. Ferland?