• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Not Likely Done Yet

Phil

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreider is a 40-50 point guy though and people are saying he's going to get 6-7 mill. How is 5 mill for the exact same production a bad contract? IMO Zucker is world's better than Names, Strome and Vesey. I really disagree with how much you devalue this guy. Maybe I need to see more of him, because I think of him as what Vesey SHOULD be.

I don't keep Kreider here at 7 mill to always be an underachiever and screen the goalie.

He's never going to break out of it here. You trade him for picks, you get Zucker on the cheap and you sign Panarin. You then hope a youngster can overtake Zuckers spot and you delegate Zucker to an even more two way style on the third line. You have to have room for advancement. Kreider locked in at 7 mill to once again disappoint, isn't going to benefit the kids.

Zucker is a good role model for these younger guys (he just won the King Clancy award). If you can also shed Vesey, and add this kind of character player, I think it could help out things on track going forward.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/z/zuckeja01.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kreidch01.html

Depends on how you want to construct your roster. Both Zucker and Kreider are productive players. Kreider is better at going to the net, Zucker is a better playmaker. Get a lot of Wild games in Minnesota so I've seen a lot of Zucker.

Ask yourself, from that list... who's a real sonofabitch to play against and then you'll see 1 of those players isn't like the other 2.

Hits is also a subjective stat and alot of systems go into it. Krieder is almost always the F1 in and the other 2 not so much. It doesn't make him particularly hard to play against.

And regarding the bias comment, if thinking he's rather ordinary means I'm bias, then sure. I'm bias.

I think saying we need to avoid "danger zone" contracts but want to pay Kreider 7 million... That's a far bigger and more dangerous bias.

OK for first line players. And I still dont like it. I'd rather wait until the deadline to see what he can do, but I have no issue pulling the trigger on a good deal. But Kreider is a great asset, and you cant undersell

I thought he did pretty well when moved to C at the end of last season. Sure, there will be pressure. In my mock lineups, I always had someone like Panarin on his wing, or other vets. I'd like to see him given the opportunity to improve his offensive game. He was more noticeable in the middle (other than 2 highlight reel goals) He will have his ups-and-downs, but its a great time to learn and get comfortable in that role. It's going to be 20 years before we'll be able to see kids getting a chance to learn at the NHL level again

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

? 23h

Toronto Maple Leafs bracing for activity. Telling teams they will listen on Kapanen and Kadri. Would need a D back in a Kapanen trade and a centre back for Kadri. Strong sense Connor Brown could go as well.

Why are they dealing Kadri?!