• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Not Likely Done Yet

Phil

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Miller was one of the best players in the 4 games of the playoffs. He made some really, really good set up passes that should have been finished. Hope he does well with the nucks.

He’s a good add for the Canucks

Right now, veteran help for an improving team with a young roster.

Yeah, lack of cap cost Toronto a 1st Rd. pick and Marleau. Still looks like they are gonna need to trade someone else if the rumor is right about them being close to signing Kapanen and Johansson both in at bet. 3.2-3.4 mil. each. Seems Marner will hold out for 11 mil. per.

I got to say I was surprised we weren?t able to trades during the draft.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I got to say I was surprised we weren’t able to trades during the draft.

I'm honestly not surprised we couldn't get something done trade wide. It's easy to say 'Hey let's give them Kreider for 16th overall' but who knows if they actually wanted to do it. Kreider can help our team be competitive this season, and if we do need to trade him at the deadline we can probably get comparable value for him then. Our tradeable assets are guys like Staal/Smith/Shattenkirk who offer little trade value and would need a team with cap space to bring in/be willing to take their deals, which I don't think would happen.

Vesey could have been a possibility but similar to Kreider, if we aren't making playoffs he can be moved at the deadline to a team that needs depth going into the playoffs. I also don't think teams would have been clamoring to take Namestnikov either