• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Not Likely Done Yet

Phil

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they'll use Kreider to get back another 1st rounder. Vancouver/Philly/Edmonton all rumoured to be in play.

I'm totally feeling it, Gravy!!!

Some of these excess players are on the move, and I think Gorton is gonna make me very happy this weekend!!!

Honestly, based on the Eberle deal....I don't know if I want to move Kreider anymore. If he signs for what Eberle got, we should undeniably keep him. If he wants a hair more, that's OK too. All about the cap hit for me.

I'm thinking the same. I've been figuring this whole time that he will command close to 7. If it's closer to 5.5 then it's a no brainer.

I'm thinking the same. I've been figuring this whole time that he will command close to 7. If it's closer to 5.5 then it's a no brainer.

I think Kreider definitely gets more money than Eberle. I'd hope not as many years though. He's a year younger than Eberle but I'd give Kreider $7mil per if it was a 4 year deal instead of 5

No, but if you were Eberle, were you taking $5.5 million? Not everyone goes for max dollars.

That's true, but there's no real reason for Kreider to sign for 5.5m this summer. So I guess what happens next depends on how Gorton plays his hand. If it's sign now for 5.5 or prepare to move houses it's a different scenario.

If you're Krieder... Are you taking $5.5?

If I want to stay in NY. I'm sure his buddy Hayes is letting him know what its like on the other side. That grass aint always greener.

But 6 x 6, I think that's close [enough] to what he'll get in free agency

That's true, but there's no real reason for Kreider to sign for 5.5m this summer. So I guess what happens next depends on how Gorton plays his hand. If it's sign now for 5.5 or prepare to move houses it's a different scenario.

Sure there is. Avoid the stress of having to think about a contract, or go through another trade deadline like he's had to go through watching his friends and teammates get flipped all over the league, not knowing if this time it'll be him.

Based on the stress these things have placed on the guys the last 2, 3 seasons - I can see him taking a small paycut for piece of mind.

If he were to settle for less $$ to stay, he would need a pretty strong NMC - the likes of which I don't know if Gorton is in the mood to give. Obviously, the Hank/Staal deals are looming large on the back end. And of course his agent is whispering that this is his shot and he'll never have a contract opportunity like this again. So it will be interesting to see.

Sure there is. Avoid the stress of having to think about a contract, or go through another trade deadline like he's had to go through watching his friends and teammates get flipped all over the league, not knowing if this time it'll be him.

That seems like a lot of money to forego in order to avoid a bit of stress. But you may be right.

For the first time in what's seemingly forever, I just have a very comfortable feeling that the Rangers will do the right thing for both the player and the team. I'm actually not very worried about it, to tell you the truth! Gorton has been nothing short of a fucking magician thus far and JD will only bring even more stability to this franchise as time goes by.

If Kreider stays, fine...they'll make it work.

If Kreider gets dealt...they'll get some serious return for him. Either way, I think we're going to be in great shape moving forward.

• Like 1

For the first time in what's seemingly forever, I just have a very comfortable feeling that the Rangers will do the right thing for both the player and the team. I'm actually not very worried about it, to tell you the truth! Gorton has been nothing short of a fucking magician thus far and JD will only bring even more stability to this franchise as time goes by.

If Kreider stays, fine...they'll make it work.

If Kreider gets dealt...they'll get some serious return for him. Either way, I think we're going to be in great shape moving forward.

I totally agree Ozzy

If they move Kreider, they need another big, fast, physical body up front.

Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Buchnevich, Vesey, Namestnikov, Howden, Andersson. These guys arent hard to play against. Other than Lemieux, you list Fast and Zibanejad as the physical forwards... lol

If they move Kreider, they need another big, fast, physical body up front.

Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Buchnevich, Vesey, Namestnikov, Howden, Andersson. These guys arent hard to play against. Other than Lemieux, you list Fast and Zibanejad as the physical forwards... lol

This is true