• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire D Jacob Trouba from WPG for D Neal Pionk, 20th Pick

Phil

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i first saw the headline i feared a massive over payment was in the details. Actually had to read it a second time to make sure it was that little. Nothing not to like here.

Only thing I believe in reading about his agent is that his number might be closer to 8mln but i can stomach that for a 25 year old plus just seeing what San Jose paid Karlson.

anyone know where the fiance goes to med school in the states? hoping its NYU.

This trade was pretty close to highway robbery.

when i first saw the headline i feared a massive over payment was in the details. Actually had to read it a second time to make sure it was that little. Nothing not to like here.

Only thing I believe in reading about his agent is that his number might be closer to 8mln but i can stomach that for a 25 year old plus just seeing what San Jose paid Karlson.

I think I read Florida somewhere, but I could be wrong.

I was waiting for more details to emerge like conditional picks etc etc

This off season is crazy, Gorton is insane.

New additions since last season:

Shesterkin

Rykov

Fox

Trouba

Kravtsov

Kakko

And all we gave up was a couple months of Hayes, Pionk, a 2nd and a 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Gorton's moves since February, plus we're getting either Kakko or Hughes, and he signed the two Russians (Igor & Kravtsov):

9pqlha90d2531.png

• Like 1

Legit question: is Winnipeg really considered Western Canada?

I know that most of Manitoba, the entirety of Saskatchewan and Alberta up til the Rockies is basically a colder Iowa.

Yes, anything west of the Ontario/Manitoba border. If you ever drive it, you'll understand. When you hit that border it goes from dense forest to expansive prairie in an instant.

What's interesting to me is that we went from having NO future on defense other than Brady Skjei to almost definitely having a bright, bright future on defense in only a year. Like, Trouba/Skjei/DeAngelo/Fox are basically locks. Beyond that, however, now there's Hajek, Keane, Miller, Lundkvist and Reunanen.

One way or another, we have a definite top 6 for the next decade.

What's interesting to me is that we went from having NO future on defense other than Brady Skjei to almost definitely having a bright, bright future on defense in only a year. Like, Trouba/Skjei/DeAngelo/Fox are basically locks. Beyond that, however, now there's Hajek, Keane, Miller, Lundkvist and Reunanen.

Amazing isn't it???

Giving Gorton full props too!!! The guy is in the process of turning goat piss into gasoline here!!!

Yeah, great point. Looking at the defense a month or so ago gave me the shivers. But, now, damn. I can't wait to see more of Hajek. Him getting injured really sucked. He looked really good his brief stint.

Gorton was a top executive prospect for a reason. He's just getting started, too.

I can't be any happier with this guy! He's been absolutely magnificent, and adding JD just puts the icing on the cake! It's a great feeling to be moving in the direction we are right now....and I simply CANNOT wait to Draft day!!!