• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire D Jacob Trouba from WPG for D Neal Pionk, 20th Pick

Phil

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if so, the main reason why we pulled this off giving back so little.

I'm not really sure how that relevant for a "rental", though. Chevy didnt let agents talk with Trouba - so all teams had a level playing field.

?Most athletes are just athletes, but there are other goals I have in life,? Trouba said on a conference call Tuesday morning. ?I want to be a husband and a father, all that stuff. Her career is important. She?s worked extremely hard to get where she is and I want to see the best for her as much as she wants to see the best for me, and we wanted to find a way that we can both be successful in our careers while living together and achieving other goals we have in life outside of our careers.

?There are other places she could do it. Obviously New York is a great place for her, a great place for a lot of things. It was definitely important to me ? both of us, I guess.?

Despite Winnipeg GM Ken Cheveldayoff not allowing any interested parties to speak to Trouba?s agent about contract extensions before the deal was made ? thus seemingly scaring off a few suitors ? the Rangers and Gorton were confident they can get a deal done. It will likely being in the seven- or eight-year range, somewhere around $8 million per.

It was something that Trouba can see happening this week before the NHL draft this weekend in Vancouver.

?Everything is definitely on the table,? he said. ?I can see myself being in New York for a long time.?

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/jacob-trouba-already-sounds-ready-for-rangers-long-term-commitment/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I'm simply not worried about the Trouba deal. Even if it were as high as 9m, I'd be okay with it. He's 25. He's going to be our Pietrangelo. He does everything. I think he's a vitally important piece of the puzzle.

If Trouba was correct that negotiations started this morning, we are now through Day 1 without a deal. Hopefully nothing to be concerned about.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

somewhere it was mentioned that he couldnt sign until July 1...

(I thought that was just for guys entering their final year of their contract)

Also, he did say he didnt do anything last night "just enjoyed being traded [to a place like ny]"

Lot of interviews and stuff today... probably a slight feeling out process. Find out where each party is at. No rush. And I like that from the Rangers standpoint. They didnt rush (and over pay via) trade, and shouldnt rush the contract negotiations.

If Trouba was correct that negotiations started this morning, we are now through Day 1 without a deal. Hopefully nothing to be concerned about.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Pretty sure I read that his agent and Gorton spoke and agreed to meet later this week.