• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Rivals Set to Battle for Jets? Jacob Trouba at Steep Cost

Phil

I think it's shitty to say that a woman who had a miscarriage should suck it up and defer to her husband because he makes all the money.

He's already made close to $50 million.

Some things transcend money. Like my wife's mental state.

She left Ottawa with him to begin with, so I’m guessing she’s ok.

My point is that it’s his career. He should go where he feels is the best fit. If it’s because his wife is homesick, then there’s a good chance it’s not for the right reasons

Forget about how that affects his career. That type of shit ruins marriages. People resent each other for stuff like that

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She left Ottawa with him to begin with, so I?m guessing she?s ok.

My point is that it?s his career. He should go where he feels is the best fit. If it?s because his wife is homesick, then there?s a good chance it?s not for the right reasons

Forget about how that affects his career. That type of shit ruins marriages. People resent each other for stuff like that

Let's just agree to one thousand percent disagree on this archaic mindset.

That part of California is awesome though

Packed with affluent communities, great schools, tons to do

LOL no it isn't. It's boring as fuck and traffic is a nightmare.

If you're not in tech, there's literally no reason to go. There are 27 NHL cities more enriching than San Jose.

Let's just agree to one thousand percent disagree on this archaic mindset.

I don’t think it’s archaic to say he should play where he wants to. And that if the biggest reason he’d go back to Ottawa was because of his wife, it might be the wrong reason

If you're not in tech, there's literally no reason to go. There are 27 NHL cities more enriching than San Jose.

I lived there for 3 years in my lates 20’s early 30’s

Obviously YMMV, but I liked it

And I’m not in tech

So many guys who play for SJ don’t leave if they can stay

Couldn’t pay me enough money to live in the cesspool that is California. Living here is bad enough.

Hmm. Have you actually BEEN to California?

I live there now. It’s incredible. And Central/Coastal CA is even more beautiful than the rest.

Yeah

I get all that.

But she’s married to a millionaire

She go to Ottawa whenever she wants.

I’ve been through miscarriage myself

People get over them.

It totally sucks. But life goes on and you have to move forward. It’s unreasonable to make a decision that effects the next 8 years of your life based on an incident that many people deal with and move past in a relatively short period of time

Not trying to be insensitive or anything. Just realistic

Not to mention that Ottawa didn’t treat them well last time and that franchise will be a mess as long as Melnyk owns it

I thought it was closer to a still-birth than a miscarriage. Didn't they have to bury the baby? Sorry, I've been through a miscarriage too but that's not even close to having to deliver a dead baby.

I don’t think it’s archaic to say he should play where he wants to. And that if the biggest reason he’d go back to Ottawa was because of his wife, it might be the wrong reason

Depends on the marriage and the situation. This isn't the same as a middle class family that has to move out of necessity for work to be a provider. Looking at it through the scope of a beyond rich athlete, if it's a legitimate marriage where he loves his wife more than himself, it's a no brainer to honor her wishes in this case. "I want to play there" is not good enough. If it were, he should divorce her and find someone else.

I don?t think it?s archaic to say he should play where he wants to. And that if the biggest reason he?d go back to Ottawa was because of his wife, it might be the wrong reason
Yea, we're going nowhere fast here.

Again. I disagree here. 50 mins to SF, one of the best cities in the world IMO. 50 mins to Monterey and Carmel. You could live on the beach in Santa Cruz and have one hell of a life. SJ is a more appealing city than most other NHL city IMO. Depending what kind of lifestyle you want, I’d make a case for top 5 in the NHL.

Yea, we're going nowhere fast here.

Wasn’t trying to antagonize you

Believe it or not, I’m a mental health professional

Have counseled many women after miscarriage and many couples on moving for careers

So while you might not agree with me, I do have an idea of what I’m talking about

But sorry to rub you the wrong way dude.

Again. I disagree here. 50 mins to SF, one of the best cities in the world IMO. 50 mins to Monterey and Carmel. You could live on the beach in Santa Cruz and have one hell of a life. SJ is a more appealing city than most other NHL city IMO. Depending what kind of lifestyle you want, I?d make a case for top 5 in the NHL.
50 mins without traffic.

I know people who live 10 miles from work and their commute is over an hour.

Not really sure it's too 5 when you're competing with NY, LA, CHI, BOS, TO, MTL, COL, NSH, DC... It's a niche lifestyle where... If you can avoid rush hour it's OK.

And I go to Sunnyvale once a month. It's all I care to go.

Wasn?t trying to antagonize you

Believe it or not, I?m a mental health professional

Have counseled many women after miscarriage and many couples on moving for careers

So while you might not agree with me, I do have an idea of what I?m talking about

But sorry to rub you the wrong way dude.

Oh, personally I couldn't care less.

Making decisions and judgements on others is where I don't think it's worth discussing. Your message is that him consulting and considering his wife's opinion is somehow wrong. I just think that's laughable.

Oh, personally I couldn't care less.

Making decisions and judgements on others is where I don't think it's worth discussing. Your message is that him consulting and considering his wife's opinion is somehow wrong. I just think that's laughable.

Consider and listen for sure

But have her provide the “why” for where they live for a reason that isn’t a true necessity , can’t do that

Seen it many times professionally

If they both truly wanted Ottawa, sure

But if he goes back there for her, that’s a recipe for resentment

Consider and listen for sure

But have her provide the ?why? for where they live for a reason that isn?t a true necessity , can?t do that

Seen it many times professionally

If they both truly wanted Ottawa, sure

But if he goes back there for her, that?s a recipe for resentment

Speculation, knowing zero about their relationship.

how did this turn into a karlsson thread?

finding answers in defensive zone are more important than even panarin.

watching boston and st. louis just lock up the defensive zone, been so long since the rangers had that structure. and if our goaltending is closer to middle of the pack rather than top five, our defensive zone is going to be cringe worthy.