• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Rivals Set to Battle for Jets? Jacob Trouba at Steep Cost

Phil

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chytil was taken at 7, and Andersson at 21 I think we would be thrilled at this point.

Players taken after Andersson hasnt really set the NHL on fire.

hindsight 20/20, who would you rather have the Rangers taken? Suzuki? Cal Foote?

That?s true on Chytil and Andersson

Wonder what that Karlsson deal does to any Trouba talks? Price must have jumped considerably.

Huh? Why? Trouba isn't Karlsson and the situations are completely different. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that Karlsson got 11.5. I thought that was pretty much known to be the case all season.

Huh? Why? Trouba isn't Karlsson and the situations are completely different. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that Karlsson got 11.5. I thought that was pretty much known to be the case all season.

8 years? Karlsson also signed before Trouba was moved. I think both the trade price and contract terms jump as a result.

8 years? Karlsson also signed before Trouba was moved. I think both the trade price and contract terms jump as a result.

Karlsson was going to get 7-8 years no matter what. He's the premier defender in the league.

Trouba is 25 and an RFA. His price is not connected to Karlsson at all. And trade price has nothing to do with free agency.

Karlsson was going to get 7-8 years no matter what. He's the premier defender in the league.

Trouba is 25 and an RFA. His price is not connected to Karlsson at all. And trade price has nothing to do with free agency.

That’s 100% true

Not in the same tier, and one is an RFA

That?s 100% true

That’s 100% true

What does not being in the same tier have to do with it? Who is in Karlsson’s tier?

Sorry, but anybody kicking the tires on Karlsson may now be looking at Trouba as a Plan B.

What does not being in the same tier have to do with it? Who is in Karlsson’s tier?

Sorry, but anybody kicking the tires on Karlsson may now be looking at Trouba as a Plan B.

5-10% bump is possible. But not guaranteed

He has nowhere near the same negotiating platform

Maybe if a team gives up a lot to get him they duke him a little more to keep him rather than running the risk of losing him next summer.

That will have a bigger impact than Karlsson’s deal.

It doesn’t hurt him that Karlsson got paid that much. But it’s not the same. He’s not on the market in the same way.

Trade price could be more now, but it’ll land near expected, in an already expensive neighborhood.

He can ask for a little more, but he’ll still be about where he’s projected even if he gets it, 7-8 million range. Maybe he gets a bit over 8.

But he’s not approaching Karlsson

Not that you were implying that.

Any more than what he’s projected at would bump him into that top tier for D. He’s not that guy. And I think the league feels that way.

He’s going north of $50 million

Maybe he gets to 55ish.

I'd do Skjei or #20, Pionk and Andersson for Trouba.

No way you trade the assets it's going to take to get this guy, when you already have too many D men. I really don't see Andersson being more than a 3rd liner. I trade him quick.

Close.