Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 120

Thread: Rangers, Rivals Set to Battle for Jetsí Jacob Trouba at Steep Cost

  1. #61
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,433
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I don’t think it’s archaic to say he should play where he wants to. And that if the biggest reason he’d go back to Ottawa was because of his wife, it might be the wrong reason
    Depends on the marriage and the situation. This isn't the same as a middle class family that has to move out of necessity for work to be a provider. Looking at it through the scope of a beyond rich athlete, if it's a legitimate marriage where he loves his wife more than himself, it's a no brainer to honor her wishes in this case. "I want to play there" is not good enough. If it were, he should divorce her and find someone else.

  2. #62
    Banned BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,219
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I donít think itís archaic to say he should play where he wants to. And that if the biggest reason heíd go back to Ottawa was because of his wife, it might be the wrong reason
    Yea, we're going nowhere fast here.

  3. #63
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,990
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    LOL no it isn't. It's boring as fuck and traffic is a nightmare.

    If you're not in tech, there's literally no reason to go. There are 27 NHL cities more enriching than San Jose.
    Again. I disagree here. 50 mins to SF, one of the best cities in the world IMO. 50 mins to Monterey and Carmel. You could live on the beach in Santa Cruz and have one hell of a life. SJ is a more appealing city than most other NHL city IMO. Depending what kind of lifestyle you want, I’d make a case for top 5 in the NHL.
    GORTON 2020

  4. #64
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,990
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    I lived in S Lake Tahoe and vacation In Squaw....pretty amazing up there (truckee included)


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Went to Tahoe last summer for the first time. You’re a lucky man haha. That place is beautiful.
    GORTON 2020

  5. #65
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yea, we're going nowhere fast here.

    Wasn’t trying to antagonize you

    Believe it or not, I’m a mental health professional
    Have counseled many women after miscarriage and many couples on moving for careers

    So while you might not agree with me, I do have an idea of what I’m talking about

    But sorry to rub you the wrong way dude.

  6. #66
    Banned Bantam Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,740
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Hmm. Have you actually BEEN to California?

    I live there now. Itís incredible. And Central/Coastal CA is even more beautiful than the rest.
    I have and while the scenery maybe nice the people there are hell bent on telling others how to live. No thanks

  7. #67
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I have and while the scenery maybe nice the people there are hell bent on telling others how to live. No thanks
    That’s fair

    No shortness of smugness

  8. #68
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,990
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I have and while the scenery maybe nice the people there are hell bent on telling others how to live. No thanks
    Pretty sweeping generalization. I’d be curious to know where you went that was a “cesspool.”
    GORTON 2020

  9. #69
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,204
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I have and while the scenery maybe nice the people there are hell bent on telling others how to live. No thanks
    How long where you there and In what locations ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I have and while the scenery maybe nice the people there are hell bent on telling others how to live. No thanks
    Thatís fair

    No shortness of smugness

  11. #71
    Banned BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,219
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Again. I disagree here. 50 mins to SF, one of the best cities in the world IMO. 50 mins to Monterey and Carmel. You could live on the beach in Santa Cruz and have one hell of a life. SJ is a more appealing city than most other NHL city IMO. Depending what kind of lifestyle you want, Iíd make a case for top 5 in the NHL.
    50 mins without traffic.

    I know people who live 10 miles from work and their commute is over an hour.

    Not really sure it's too 5 when you're competing with NY, LA, CHI, BOS, TO, MTL, COL, NSH, DC... It's a niche lifestyle where... If you can avoid rush hour it's OK.

    And I go to Sunnyvale once a month. It's all I care to go.

  12. #72
    Banned BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,219
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Wasnít trying to antagonize you

    Believe it or not, Iím a mental health professional
    Have counseled many women after miscarriage and many couples on moving for careers

    So while you might not agree with me, I do have an idea of what Iím talking about

    But sorry to rub you the wrong way dude.
    Oh, personally I couldn't care less.

    Making decisions and judgements on others is where I don't think it's worth discussing. Your message is that him consulting and considering his wife's opinion is somehow wrong. I just think that's laughable.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh, personally I couldn't care less.

    Making decisions and judgements on others is where I don't think it's worth discussing. Your message is that him consulting and considering his wife's opinion is somehow wrong. I just think that's laughable.
    Consider and listen for sure

    But have her provide the “why” for where they live for a reason that isn’t a true necessity , can’t do that
    Seen it many times professionally

    If they both truly wanted Ottawa, sure

    But if he goes back there for her, that’s a recipe for resentment

  14. #74
    Banned BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,219
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Consider and listen for sure

    But have her provide the ďwhyĒ for where they live for a reason that isnít a true necessity , canít do that
    Seen it many times professionally

    If they both truly wanted Ottawa, sure

    But if he goes back there for her, thatís a recipe for resentment
    Speculation, knowing zero about their relationship.

  15. #75
    day-to-day Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,858
    Rep Power
    100
    how did this turn into a karlsson thread?

    finding answers in defensive zone are more important than even panarin.

    watching boston and st. louis just lock up the defensive zone, been so long since the rangers had that structure. and if our goaltending is closer to middle of the pack rather than top five, our defensive zone is going to be cringe worthy.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  16. #76
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Speculation, knowing zero about their relationship.
    I know nothing about their relationship

    Generally though, when a decision of that magnitude is made for reasons that one party member doesn’t agree with, bad things follow.

    But I’ll shit up now

  17. #77
    Banned BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,219
    Rep Power
    0
    Well you're speculating he doesn't agree lol.

    So please, do stop.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well you're speculating he doesn't agree lol.

    So please, do stop.
    I just hope he wears any other jersey but ours

  19. #79
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,390
    Rep Power
    76
    I'd do Skjei or #20, Pionk and Andersson for Trouba.

    No way you trade the assets it's going to take to get this guy, when you already have too many D men. I really don't see Andersson being more than a 3rd liner. I trade him quick.

  20. #80
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,433
    Rep Power
    84
    The amount of crow that will be served to members on this board will be monumental if Lias Andersson develops into a good player.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •