• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sabres Have Talked to Rangers About Jimmy Vesey

Phil

It's like if K'A Miller decides to stay in college for 4 years and then chooses to sign with a different team. Yeah, it's within the rules but that skidmark isn't coming out in the wash. It is considered a loophole and will remain in the players file so to speak.
I dunno. The fact that Chicago is a rumored landing spot for Hayes kinda says otherwise.

Well he's a third round pick and a third line player vs a first round pick and first line player. No one is thinking of paying Vesey $6 million+.

Which underlying metrics? His analytics have actually gotten better ever year in the league. He gets a lot of D Zone starts for someone you're saying is a terrible defensive player, and was part of the PK group.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I don't get why anyone spends any amount of feelings hating the guy. He's just a guy. Like you forget he's there, most of the time.

I know he was drafted in the 3rd but then he developed more than expected in the years following his draft. When he signed with us the hype was that we were essentially getting a 1st rounder for nothing. And that wasn't just board generated hype, that was hockey people generated hype.

Regardless, we're in agreement. I don't hate the guy but he's not a vital component on the team. Just another guy.

I know he was drafted in the 3rd but then he developed more than expected in the years following his draft. When he signed with us the hype was that we were essentially getting a 1st rounder for nothing. And that wasn't just board generated hype, that was hockey people generated hype.

Regardless, we're in agreement. I don't hate the guy but he's not a vital component on the team. Just another guy.

To be fair, there are plenty of 1st rounders worse than Jimmy Vesey.

I think we're in agreement that he's probably expendable on the Rangers, and that's fine.

You're not getting a good player for Jimmy Vesey.

They'll probably get an OK player back. Vesey has a ton of warts, and still carries the stigma of not living up to the "sweepstakes" hype, but he has back-to-back 17-goal seasons under his belt.

They'll probably get an OK player back. Vesey has a ton of warts, and still carries the stigma of not living up to the "sweepstakes" hype, but he has back-to-back 17-goal seasons under his belt.

You'll get an equally as frustrating, 30 point player in return, most likely.

A pick would be fine.