• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYI Re-Sign F Jordan Eberle to 5-Year/$27.5M Extension; $5.5M AAV

Phil

37 points last year. You think Rangers fans would be happy if Kreider got 37 points this year and got this contract?

Solid contract if Eberle rebounds to a 50 point player though.

Nine points in eight games in the playoffs. Positive relative numbers, too. He's probably worth it. He's basically a 20-goal, 40/45-point complimentary player who can come up big in the postseason.

Interesting, as he was considered the least likely of the Islanders' UFAs to resign. Consistent with other resigns, this contract shows that signing any good 26-29 year old is going to be an expensive long term proposition. Get used to it.

Interesting, as he was considered the least likely of the Islanders' UFAs to resign. Consistent with other resigns, this contract shows that signing any good 26-29 year old is going to be an expensive long term proposition. Get used to it.

Define good. I wouldn't necessarily consider putting up 37 points with Barzal as good, so it depends if last year was an anomaly or the new normal for Eberle.

Well, if Eberle isn't good and is getting this contract, it would seem to indicate that if a player is "good", he definitely will get a long term deal at this age. He had a weak regular season. 9 points in 8 games in the playoffs.

Define good. I wouldn't necessarily consider putting up 37 points with Barzal as good, so it depends if last year was an anomaly or the new normal for Eberle.
I mean... Barzal only had 62 points.

Seems like adjusting and solid defense were a focus for the team.

I mean... Barzal only had 62 points.

Seems like adjusting and solid defense were a focus for the team.

Sure, but you can find players that put up 35-40 points and play good defense for a lot cheaper than that. I get the risk though, especially because it might even be more likely that he finishes closer to 50 points than 37 next season given his track record.

Sure, but you can find players that put up 35-40 points and play good defense for a lot cheaper than that. I get the risk though, especially because it might even be more likely that he finishes closer to 50 points than 37 next season given his track record.
Right. And Isles need to pay extra because Isles. It's a shit show.