• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PHI Acquire D Matt Niskanen from WSH for D Radko Gudas

I mean, you can get hung up on that, if you want, but Gudas is clearly an upgrade, even if it's marginal. Especially with the Flyers eating 30% of his deal. I'd take Gudas — who is actually good in his own end — at $2.345M x1 over Niskanen at $5.75M x 2 any day.

Plus, given AV is now coaching the Flyers, I wouldn't be so quick to assume Niskanen won't be pretty heavily relied on. I'd imagine he and MacDonald are going to playing a lot more than Flyers fans are hoping they will.

I mean, you can get hung up on that, if you want, but Gudas is clearly an upgrade, even if it's marginal. Especially with the Flyers eating 30% of his deal. I'd take Gudas — who is actually good in his own end — at $2.345M x1 over Niskanen at $5.75M x 2 any day.

Plus, given AV is now coaching the Flyers, I wouldn't be so quick to assume Niskanen won't be pretty heavily relied on. I'd imagine he and MacDonald are going to playing a lot more than Flyers fans are hoping they will.

I don't think Gudas is as good as you do, I guess.

If Niskanen ends up playing big minutes for AV, his contract won't be as painful.

I don't think Gudas is as good as you do, I guess.

If Niskanen ends up playing big minutes for AV, his contract won't be as painful.

Except it will because he's not good, and every time he's on the ice the Flyers are gonna get shelled. Just like the Caps did with him there.

But that's a good thing for the Rangers, so ?\_(ツ)_/?

Flyers going soft.

Gudas/Wilson on the ice at the same time. :eek:

Won’t happen, one will will always be suspended

Hahahahaha.

At first I didn't understand this move, but then I remembered that AV will be in PHI, so Gudas, a player with some balls, is on the way out.