• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Even with Retention, "No Interest" in Shattenkirk or Smith on Trade Market

Phil

I don't think so, either. Like I said, he's a Minnesota D-man. They're all identical, go look at the list. Housley doesn't count.

Carlson was a Major Junior guy for one year and straight to Pro.

Does Buf not count either? That's a pretty broad brush you're using. I get the similarities between McD, Faulk, and Leddy to a lesser extent, but Erik Johnson and Goligoski are nothing alike at all.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are. They're all Hybrid D men. Buf is the outlier, he was a forward, after all.

I know I'm generalizing, but you don't paint a barn with a toothbrush. These guys are obviously all taught very similarly, I don't see how anybody would think of Trouba as better *offensively* than guys like Fox or Deangelo, other than putting wayyyy too much stock in a year where he got time with elite offensive forwards. I'm not interested in paying for *that* outlier.

Yes, they are. They're all Hybrid D men. Buf is the outlier, he was a forward, after all.

I know I'm generalizing, but you don't paint a barn with a toothbrush. These guys are obviously all taught very similarly, I don't see how anybody would think of Trouba as better *offensively* than guys like Fox or Deangelo, other than putting wayyyy too much stock in a year where he got time with elite offensive forwards. I'm not interested in paying for *that* outlier.

What was Carlson prior to these last two seasons? I would have described him exactly like that. Hybrid D man.

Even pre-draft, Trouba was credited with having a "heavy" shot from the point, which has continued to be part of his bio and is something the Rangers have not had for awhile. I would not put Skjei in that category. Or DeAngelo. Fox is yet to be determined, but it is not in the common resumes. Maybe it's a Michigan thing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1225527-jacob-trouba-to-winnipeg-jets-video-highlights-scouting-report-and-analysis

I'll start on the Michigan angle. lol

Dunny, I swear....you get me to spill my shit on my desk every morning!!!!! :rofl:

It's ok, you're Canadian. Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin there's basically no difference.

...and this is truly epic!!!

• Like 1

I'll start on the Michigan angle. lol

It's ok, you're Canadian. Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin there's basically no difference.

Oh, I know the Bay City Rollers! S-A-T U-R D-A-Y

.....NIGHT!!!

I had that 45rpm when I was like 8, back in 1975!!!

Even pre-draft, Trouba was credited with having a "heavy" shot from the point, which has continued to be part of his bio and is something the Rangers have not had for awhile. I would not put Skjei in that category. Or DeAngelo. Fox is yet to be determined, but it is not in the common resumes. Maybe it's a Michigan thing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1225527-jacob-trouba-to-winnipeg-jets-video-highlights-scouting-report-and-analysis

DeAngelo has a pretty hefty shot.

2nd that. Also thinking if Trouba is a real no. 1. didnt we just go down this road with Shatty?

Eh, sort of. People have known Shattenkirk to be a defensive liability for a while; we figured he could be pretty strong for two years and then kind of devolve into an M-A Bergeron-ish player.

Trouba's not a noted liability, and his underlying metrics suggest he's a #1/1a defender. The question is how much of that was from playing behind Big Buff.

Eh, sort of. People have known Shattenkirk to be a defensive liability for a while; we figured he could be pretty strong for two years and then kind of devolve into an M-A Bergeron-ish player.

Trouba's not a noted liability, and his underlying metrics suggest he's a #1/1a defender. The question is how much of that was from playing behind Big Buff.

MA Bergeron was better than Shatty offensively IMO, and had an amazing shot. But his total lack of size made it impossible for him to play anything but the most sheltered minutes