Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even with Retention, "No Interest" in Shattenkirk or Smith on Trade Market

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Henbrick Wallquist. Predecessor to Henrik Lundswiss.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Which franchise player are you referring to?
    Jimmy Vesey, genius
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Panarin isn’t as good as what people thought of nash before he came here. Besides nash the rangers had some pretty good players along side hank.

It is extremely important for the development of young players that they be put in a situation where they can be successful. And at this point, they young guys here need to start learning how to win, or you wont see the necessary development. For this to happen, you need to add players that allow young guys to slot into the lineup where they are not overwhelmed, and can also learn from players around them.

A top 6 of Vesey, Zibanejad, Strome, Fast, Kreider and Buchnevich is not "continuing the rebuild", it's failing to develop and wasting the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    It is extremely important for the development of young players that they be put in a situation where they can be successful. And at this point, they young guys here need to start learning how to win, or you wont see the necessary development. For this to happen, you need to add players that allow young guys to slot into the lineup where they are not overwhelmed, and can also learn from players around them.

A top 6 of Vesey, Zibanejad, Strome, Fast, Kreider and Buchnevich is not "continuing the rebuild", it's failing to develop and wasting the rebuild.
    Agreed. That doesn’t mean the only way of achieving that is by signing a guy to a 7 year contract for $80m. There are other ways of fostering a productive atmosphere that allows for growth.

And if that’s your sentiment what happens if panarin signs elsewhere? Do you then just allow your kids to develop in the counterproductive atmosphere you describe? I assume you wouldn’t, so then who are you getting?

One player will not foster the atmosphere you wish for. He can be a big part of it but the atmosphere you describe is much bigger than one guy.

Then you keep Kreider, hopefully at a reasonable price, and/or you make trades - modeled after the Zibanejad acquisition. Last 2 seasons alone we've seen top-line players get moved below market value, ROR, Skinner, Stone
    Can't afford another Spooner, Vesey or Namestnikov wasting and taking roster spots. They need to be filled by difference makers and youth. No more Brickleys or McLeod's either! (Maybe Reaves, that might be fun and affordable)

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I would buy out Smith and try to move Shatt at the deadline. I've seen a lot of people saying to bury Smith in Hartford, but your wasting cap space doing that with only $1M coming off the books doing that.

Then you keep Kreider, hopefully at a reasonable price, and/or you make trades - modeled after the Zibanejad acquisition. Last 2 seasons alone we've seen top-line players get moved below market value, ROR, Skinner, Stone
    Can't afford another Spooner, Vesey or Namestnikov wasting and taking roster spots. They need to be filled by difference makers and youth. No more Brickleys or McLeod's either! (Maybe Reaves, that might be fun and affordable)
    I like plan b.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Yep. Spot on here. "No more dead space" is what you're essentially saying. Each player should either have a future with this organization or be a part of building the future.
    GORTON 2020

As much as I'd like to see Kreider back on a reasonable term, the years and price will probably be too high and they will trade him regardless of Panarin signing or not. I still have a feeling he'll be moved prior to or at the draft...so very soon.

Assuming they whiff on Panarin, probably fill with 1-2 leadership-type vets on 2 or 3 year deals to help the kids. Pavelski has been mentioned, and it's not a bad idea. Seeing what a guy like Justin Williams has done for Carolina, it does have some merit. They might be able to find some steals outside of that top couple tiers of free agents. Wayne Simmonds at a fair price on a short term for example. Seems like Quinn's type of player too, providing leadership and grit, and could potentially regain that 20 goal/50 point production after a down year last year.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Yes!!

I would adore seeing Reaves here!! Especially to help protect some of these new kids, and especially Kakko!!! The guy can score a few points...maybe 15-20, and he's not just a watchdog. He has valuable experience, plays pretty much every game, but most importantly, no one can take a shot at our kids while this guy's around!

I absolutely love the idea of Reaves!
    Here:
    Last edited by Ozzy; 06-13-2019 at 12:03 PM.

On CapFriendly, I keep looking at deals for Haula (fast as hell, 1 year left 2.75, Finnish, C/W, coming off an injury but put up .72 ppg when given playing time last season) and Reaves (1x2.75)

LV needs to unload cap in the worst way. If Rangers could send back Vesey/Names/Fast + pick for both

https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/7/...golden-knights
    Scouting Report: Haula

The 5-foot-11 wing was a seventh-round pick in 2009. A smart, skilled forward, Haula possesses a great work ethic. He is a skilled playmaker and is effective on the penalty kill thanks to his great speed. His hands are good and he's able to see the ice very well but his lack of size sometimes limits his ability to get into the scoring areas.

He supposedly has good character and locker room presence, which is a good addition to the list of Golden Knights to be inducted into the Great Teammate Hall of Fame.
    Sounds like a Quinner to me.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    They tried to sign Reaves already and he chose Vegas instead.
    GORTON 2020

On CapFriendly, I keep looking at deals for Haula (fast as hell, 1 year left 2.75, Finnish, C/W, coming off an injury but put up .72 ppg when given playing time last season) and Reaves (1x2.75)

LV needs to unload cap in the worst way. If Rangers could send back Vesey/Names/Fast + pick for both

https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/7/...golden-knights

Sounds like a Quinner to me.
    I C wut you did THAR!

I was pretty proud of myself.

I was pretty proud of myself.
    I do like the Reaves idea though, man! he's got one year left at what, 2.775 mil??? Pfft! I'd do that in a second for Vesey and or Namestnikov....I don't think they would though!

Josh man, how cool was it to see Berube win it last night! I was so glad to see that team win! Fucking Ryan O' Reilly was a beast that whole series!

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    I agree with what as said earlier about Shattenkirk, yes he has a cap hit of 6.65 mil. But he has an actual contract of 6.5 and 4 mil, left on his contract. So keeping him till the trade deadline and dealing him then would make him very desirable.

BTW did you guys noticed the comment Friedman made about Philly willing to give Hayes 6.5-7 mil. per. Winnipeg played him as their 3rd line center.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12