• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Even with Retention, "No Interest" in Shattenkirk or Smith on Trade Market

Phil

Then you keep Kreider, hopefully at a reasonable price, and/or you make trades - modeled after the Zibanejad acquisition. Last 2 seasons alone we've seen top-line players get moved below market value, ROR, Skinner, Stone

Can't afford another Spooner, Vesey or Namestnikov wasting and taking roster spots. They need to be filled by difference makers and youth. No more Brickleys or McLeod's either! (Maybe Reaves, that might be fun and affordable)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you keep Kreider, hopefully at a reasonable price, and/or you make trades - modeled after the Zibanejad acquisition. Last 2 seasons alone we've seen top-line players get moved below market value, ROR, Skinner, Stone

Can't afford another Spooner, Vesey or Namestnikov wasting and taking roster spots. They need to be filled by difference makers and youth. No more Brickleys or McLeod's either! (Maybe Reaves, that might be fun and affordable)

I like plan b.

Yep. Spot on here. "No more dead space" is what you're essentially saying. Each player should either have a future with this organization or be a part of building the future.

As much as I'd like to see Kreider back on a reasonable term, the years and price will probably be too high and they will trade him regardless of Panarin signing or not. I still have a feeling he'll be moved prior to or at the draft...so very soon.

Assuming they whiff on Panarin, probably fill with 1-2 leadership-type vets on 2 or 3 year deals to help the kids. Pavelski has been mentioned, and it's not a bad idea. Seeing what a guy like Justin Williams has done for Carolina, it does have some merit. They might be able to find some steals outside of that top couple tiers of free agents. Wayne Simmonds at a fair price on a short term for example. Seems like Quinn's type of player too, providing leadership and grit, and could potentially regain that 20 goal/50 point production after a down year last year.

Yes!!

I would adore seeing Reaves here!! Especially to help protect some of these new kids, and especially Kakko!!! The guy can score a few points...maybe 15-20, and he's not just a watchdog. He has valuable experience, plays pretty much every game, but most importantly, no one can take a shot at our kids while this guy's around!

I absolutely love the idea of Reaves!

Here:

On CapFriendly, I keep looking at deals for Haula (fast as hell, 1 year left 2.75, Finnish, C/W, coming off an injury but put up .72 ppg when given playing time last season) and Reaves (1x2.75)

LV needs to unload cap in the worst way. If Rangers could send back Vesey/Names/Fast + pick for both

https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/7/6/15925750/expansion-draft-profile-erik-haula-golden-knights

Scouting Report: Haula

The 5-foot-11 wing was a seventh-round pick in 2009. A smart, skilled forward, Haula possesses a great work ethic. He is a skilled playmaker and is effective on the penalty kill thanks to his great speed. His hands are good and he's able to see the ice very well but his lack of size sometimes limits his ability to get into the scoring areas.

He supposedly has good character and locker room presence, which is a good addition to the list of Golden Knights to be inducted into the Great Teammate Hall of Fame.

Sounds like a Quinner to me.

On CapFriendly, I keep looking at deals for Haula (fast as hell, 1 year left 2.75, Finnish, C/W, coming off an injury but put up .72 ppg when given playing time last season) and Reaves (1x2.75)

LV needs to unload cap in the worst way. If Rangers could send back Vesey/Names/Fast + pick for both

https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/7/6/15925750/expansion-draft-profile-erik-haula-golden-knights

Sounds like a Quinner to me.

I C wut you did THAR! ;)

I was pretty proud of myself.

I do like the Reaves idea though, man! he's got one year left at what, 2.775 mil??? Pfft! I'd do that in a second for Vesey and or Namestnikov....I don't think they would though!

Josh man, how cool was it to see Berube win it last night! I was so glad to see that team win! Fucking Ryan O' Reilly was a beast that whole series!

I agree with what as said earlier about Shattenkirk, yes he has a cap hit of 6.65 mil. But he has an actual contract of 6.5 and 4 mil, left on his contract. So keeping him till the trade deadline and dealing him then would make him very desirable.

BTW did you guys noticed the comment Friedman made about Philly willing to give Hayes 6.5-7 mil. per. Winnipeg played him as their 3rd line center.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm hot taking here - this UFA D market is hot flaming garbage, and the second Myers gets his deal, the phone's gonna start ringing for Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk at 2y/4m is way fucking better than anything on that market.

Shattenkirk at full freight is better than Myers at any dollar amount.

I'm hot taking here - this UFA D market is hot flaming garbage, and the second Myers gets his deal, the phone's gonna start ringing for Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk at 2y/4m is way fucking better than anything on that market.

No it's not. You can get the same quality defensemen for 1/4 the price. Claesson is a better player.

No it's not. You can get the same quality defensemen for 1/4 the price. Claesson is a better player.

Freddie Claesson is a perfectly passable defender. He's not going to QB your PP and get you 35 points.

Shattenkirk for all his flaws, will. If you deploy him like a great balding American MA Bergeron, you'll be fine with him at 4M

LOL. The fuck he is.

1/4 the price. 1/100th the production. Shattenkirk is to Claesson as an affordable sports car is to a scooter. Just because they both have wheels doesn't make them comparable.

I actually won't be upset if they hang on to Shattenkirk and I'm fully against buying him out.

Smith can go, but I think Shatty has the ability to have a decent season if healthy.

Same. This year. Next is a completely different story.

The issue is that someone is going to their offside. They have, ostensibly, four NHL defenders on the right.

I actually won't be upset if they hang on to Shattenkirk and I'm fully against buying him out.

Smith can go, but I think Shatty has the ability to have a decent season if healthy.

The issue is that someone is going to their offside. They have, ostensibly, four NHL defenders on the right.

I'm telling you guys, I just have a weird feeling with Shatty this year. He's finally 100% and I think he's gonna have one heck of a rebound season with Kakko and Kravvy out there. His experience is going to be a very welcome addition as well.

I'll even make a prediction and say:

68 Games played

11 Goals

31 assists

42 Points

I don't necessarily buy into the idea that we need equal righty and lefty dmen, nor do I believe in the idea that a guy can't switch to the other side. I get that it might take a minute to adjust, but I think that's all it is, an adjustment. We've seen guys do it all the time.

And, yes, if Shatty is gone next season, that means we're only looking at one season of guys playing their offside.