• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will Check on Kevin Hayes in Free Agency

Phil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our next best center prospect should be one of Kakko or Hughes.

Zib

Kakko/Hughes

Chytil

Kravstov

Howden

Strome

Andersson

Nieves

Why do they need Hayes? These kids have to play. Fuck Hayes. Spend on a winger or two.

Not sure they do, was discussing a scenario.

But...

Zibanejad has broken 51 pts 1 time

No one else on that list has done anything noteworthy

You got 1-2 down the middle with 50-point Zibanejad and 20-point Chytil, how is that helping development? You could completely ruin your rebuild very quickly.

I’d love to see Chytil at C, but you could get burned. That’s all I’m saying. Ideal situation vs reality

If you remember back to his first year Hayes held the puck too long and played marshmellow soft.

Yes, and had 3 more years experience than Chytil/Andersson/Howden, and took another 3 seasons before he became a good center.

3+3... 6 years.

Looking at the age and development of the prospects, you could a lot Hayes as 2C for 4-5 years until someone else outproduces him and he’s bumped to 3C.

Yes, and had 3 more years experience than Chytil/Andersson/Howden, and took another 3 seasons before he became a good center.

3+3... 6 years.

Looking at the age and development of the prospects, you could a lot Hayes as 2C for 4-5 years until someone else outproduces him and he?s bumped to 3C.

Understood but given this board is about 20 games into next year before labeling Anderson a bust are u really suggesting that the 3 c?s need another 5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understood but given this board is about 20 games into next year before labeling Anderson a bust are u really suggesting that the 3 c’s need another 5 years?

Lol this board was 20 games into last season before labelling Lias a bust

3+3... 6 years.

Looking at the age and development of the prospects, you could a lot Hayes as 2C for 4-5 years until someone else outproduces him and he’s bumped to 3C.

If Kevin Hayes wanted a 2-3 year deal, I'd consider it. But I'd imagine he's looking for 7 years.

It just can't happen.

Understood but given this board is about 20 games into next year before labeling Anderson a bust are u really suggesting that the 3 c’s need another 5 years?

Maybe.

Susperstars and top players usually show it their first 2 seasons. And most of those spent a year or 2 at other levels, post draft, prior to entering the NHL, or some time in the NHL to get there. Others take a few more seasons to see where they fall.

And I’m not a patient guy and want to win the cup next season. But if we are developing what we have, we have to be realistic. Throwing Chytil out at 2C, without proper support, gives you Ryan Strome.

Again, I’m just bringing up off season talking points.

Our next best center prospect should be one of Kakko or Hughes.

Zib

Kakko/Hughes

Chytil

Kravstov

Howden

Strome

Andersson

Nieves

Why do they need Hayes? These kids have to play. Fuck Hayes. Spend on a winger or two.

Completely agree with the sentiment, but I really wish people would stop slotting Kakko in at C.

He's a goalscoring winger, and is where he is because of his play as a winger. It would be monumentally stupid to start fucking around with his position. Just because he's played at C on a few occasions doesn't change the fact that he's a franchise altering prospect as a winger.

In any case, goals from the wing is just as much an organizational need as depth at center, so I really don't understand this line of thinking.

Not sure they do, was discussing a scenario.

But...

Zibanejad has broken 51 pts 1 time

No one else on that list has done anything noteworthy

You got 1-2 down the middle with 50-point Zibanejad and 20-point Chytil, how is that helping development? You could completely ruin your rebuild very quickly.

I’d love to see Chytil at C, but you could get burned. That’s all I’m saying. Ideal situation vs reality

None of those guys are over 25... Besides Strome they are essentially 2nd year players or rookies. One supposedly close to a generational talent in Kakko or Hughes..

Zib

Kakko/Hughes

Chytil

Howden

If Kakko/Hughes aren't in our top two lines, something awful has happened...

You have Strome and Andersson there to plug in if Chytil needs to be on the wing. Nieves is your 13th forward if not your everyday 4th line center. Who knows if Kravstov will be an impact player... Everyone is cumming in their pants over him, so I don't see how he's not an option to be floated up and down the lineup..

They have to have a spot to play big minutes. Inserting someone who has "produced" ok point totals just because he has put up points, kinda clogs the pipe.

I'd understand if they were banking on just one kid to play a middle 6 role. They aren't. They have a handful of young kids that SHOULD fit the bill. If they don't. Cut bait. There's always another draft...

Completely agree with the sentiment, but I really wish people would stop slotting Kakko in at C.

He's a goalscoring winger, and is where he is because of his play as a winger. It would be monumentally stupid to start fucking around with his position. Just because he's played at C on a few occasions doesn't change the fact that he's a franchise altering prospect as a winger.

In any case, goals from the wing is just as much an organizational need as depth at center, so I really don't understand this line of thinking.

Sorry, I just saw him listed as a center a few times, so I figured it really didn't matter, because he is hyped up as a world class player.. Besides, I have a feeling the Rangers will wind up with Hughes..

If Kevin Hayes wanted a 2-3 year deal, I'd consider it. But I'd imagine he's looking for 7 years.

It just can't happen.

You can debate whether you want Kevin Hayes, but it's not worth talking about 2-3 year deals. There probably isn't a single good 26 year old in the league ready to take a 2-3 year deal. If you aren't ready to give 26-27 year olds long terms deals, then you will have a perpetual roster of developing players, who you lose in their primes. So if you don't want to give a 6 year deal to Hayes, fine, but who do you want to give one to, because not giving them is not an option in the modern NHL.

have no trouble giving a 6-7 year deal to a 26 year old, but it must be the right 26 year old. let someone else do that with hayes. he served his purpose with us. developed nicely, contributed and than fetched a nice draft pick before we had to pay him.

that's doing things the right way.

You can debate whether you want Kevin Hayes, but it's not worth talking about 2-3 year deals. There probably isn't a single good 26 year old in the league ready to take a 2-3 year deal. If you aren't ready to give 26-27 year olds long terms deals, then you will have a perpetual roster of developing players, who you lose in their primes. So if you don't want to give a 6 year deal to Hayes, fine, but who do you want to give one to, because not giving them is not an option in the modern NHL.

This is exactly my point. He's not going to accept a 2-3 year deal, and therefore he's not a good option for us because we have 5 NHL centers already. Adding Hayes is purely an addition for next season and not beyond. We are building for beyond.

I'll sign Kakko and Kravstov to 7 year deals when they're 26/27 assuming that they will be more than 50 point players.

7 x7.143m. For Philly. Guess that's the market but no thanks if I'm the Rangers.

Best of luck Kev!! Glad you're there and not here for that much and THAT long!

So basically 20 goals and 30 assists and you get 7 million??? ....for 7 YEARS!!!

Kreider is going to be 29 years old next April!!