• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peyton Krebs Reportedly Suffers Torn Achilles Ahead of Draft

Phil

Poor kid. Wonder how far he falls.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It would seem monumentally stupid to allow this kid to fall because of a torn achilles. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but it just seems so short sighted. He’ll be back on the ice in the fall, so the only thing he misses is camp. A torn achilles will heal and is unlikely to cause him problems going forward. You’re drafting him with the next 5-10 years in mind, so to pass on a guy most have as a top 10/15 talent because of this injury is difficult to understand.

It would seem monumentally stupid to allow this kid to fall because of a torn achilles. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but it just seems so short sighted. He’ll be back on the ice in the fall, so the only thing he misses is camp. A torn achilles will heal and is unlikely to cause him problems going forward. You’re drafting him with the next 5-10 years in mind, so to pass on a guy most have as a top 10/15 talent because of this injury is difficult to understand.

I agree. Should have said wonder if he falls and the answer is, probably not. If, in fact, full recovery is expected then it shouldn't change much.

It would seem monumentally stupid to allow this kid to fall because of a torn achilles. I?m not saying it won?t happen, but it just seems so short sighted. He?ll be back on the ice in the fall, so the only thing he misses is camp. A torn achilles will heal and is unlikely to cause him problems going forward. You?re drafting him with the next 5-10 years in mind, so to pass on a guy most have as a top 10/15 talent because of this injury is difficult to understand.
You think? That's a pretty significant injury. I'd imagine he's not playing again until January at best. Still don't think it'll have much impact but I bet it pushes his development back 6 months or so.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You think? That's a pretty significant injury. I'd imagine he's not playing again until January at best. Still don't think it'll have much impact but I bet it pushes his development back 6 months or so.

Yes, like Pronman says in the tweet he should be back early in the season. He’s got 4 full months of recovery before it even starts and it’s typically 4-6 months for full recovery.

It isn’t ideal, but a surgically repaired achilles has almost no risk of re-rupture.

He obviously won’t make your NHL team, but that would probably not have been the plan for him anyway.