Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 NHL Draft: Clock Is Ticking for These New York Rangers

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm not saying it can't happen but I'd be really surprised if Kreider is dealt to a local, rival, team.
    Why? Grabner was dealt to New Jersey. You trade with the team offering the best deal, period. If that means sending Kreider to Philly so be it.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Why? Grabner was dealt to New Jersey. You trade with the team offering the best deal, period. If that means sending Kreider to Philly so be it.
    Different type of player and also different circumstances. Kreider being dealt at the draft means the acquiring team really believes that they'll sign him long-term. Grabner was a trade-deadline acquisition and it didn't seem likely they were signing him long-term.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Different type of player and also different circumstances. Kreider being dealt at the draft means the acquiring team really believes that they'll sign him long-term. Grabner was a trade-deadline acquisition and it didn't seem likely they were signing him long-term.
    Doesn’t really matter in the context of where the Rangers are in my opinion.
    As a rebuilding team you maximise your assets without worrying about rivalries. If the Flyers offer the best deal you take it. It might be a consideration if both teams are contenders and projected to be neck and neck for the Metro, but I don’t think it should be at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12