• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Tarmo Reunanen to Entry-Level Contract

Phil

Posted it in the Draft thread, my ridiculous level of forum discipline on full display today.

fair point that we're totally sidetracking this thread.

Yeah, Sorry 'bout that, guys! I'll move it over to the draft thread as well.

I'm going to be kinda shocked if we pick at 20. I'm feeling as if we're moving off that pick.

I'm throwing a theory out there that if Broberg is on the board at 13, we make a deal w/the Panthers to move up for him. Else, yeah, I could see Heinola/Seider.

Seider strikes me as the classic "hey, this dude is rising fast and will go way higher than expected" guy though.

Same. And I hope it's to move up. If Stepan and Raanta nets the #7, Kreider and the #20 should be tempting for Colorado at #4 no? I'd love it.

I think the opposite. I'm still taking BPA no matter what but I'd be more inclined to go Center if everything else grades out equal. Especially if they draft Kakko.

Absolutely. More forwards with the high picks. This team is pretty barren on scoring depth. Go skill, or power forward.

I'm still optimistic about Lindgren's development. He doesn't give a shit about offense. When brought up to sink or swim, he swam. Didn't win any medals, but he's tough and committed and could get a lot better.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agreed. Not sure why everyone was shitting on him prior to his call up.

Absolutely. More forwards with the high picks. This team is pretty barren on scoring depth. Go skill, or power forward.

We like to boost our forward prospects, but our “best” offensive prospect put up an underwhelming 23 points.

We like to boost our forward prospects, but our “best” offensive prospect put up an underwhelming 23 points.

Exactly why I'm not jerking off at the thought of Kravstov being here. His 21 points in the shitty KHL doesn't seem to get my hopes up. Yes, I know he didn't have a major role... But why wouldn't he, if he were so special? Just not high on that pick, just like I wasn't on the Andersson one.

Exactly why I'm not jerking off at the thought of Kravstov being here. His 21 points in the shitty KHL doesn't seem to get my hopes up. Yes, I know he didn't have a major role... But why wouldn't he, if he were so special? Just not high on that pick, just like I wasn't on the Andersson one.

He's not Connor McDavid. Which people seem to measure every prospect against in terms of immediate impact. Buch has just started coming into his own at 23. Zib is fulfilling his potential for the first time at 26. Anyone who thinks Kravstov is going to be a star next season is going to be very disappointed.

Similarly, anyone who's down on him next season, will also be speaking too soon.

I'd be thrilled if Kakko or Kravstov were as effective as Hischer was in his rookie season but I don't expect that to be the case.

He's not Connor McDavid. Which people seem to measure every prospect against in terms of immediate impact. Buch has just started coming into his own at 23. Zib is fulfilling his potential for the first time at 26. Anyone who thinks Kravstov is going to be a star next season is going to be very disappointed.

Similarly, anyone who's down on him next season, will also be speaking too soon.

I'd be thrilled if Kakko or Kravstov were as effective as Hischer was in his rookie season but I don't expect that to be the case.

It'll take him a few years, but I think it's important to keep in mind that ~.4 ppg is the "star level" for 18 year old KHLers. That's a really good season for a kid there.

It's also pretty traditional for transitioning from KHL-->NHL taking around a season and a half.