Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Sign D Tarmo Reunanen to Entry-Level Contract

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Rangers Sign D Tarmo Reunanen to Entry-Level Contract

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    There are gonna be some good players in Hartford this season.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Living in Charlotte I get to see the Checkers in the AHL, they have been fun to watch this year, quality play and a killer pipeline for Carolina .. I hope the Rangers dearth of draft picks leads to a real honest to God farm system.. It would be nice for a call up to be a prospect rather than a AAAA level player

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    This guy is an interesting one to watch. We didn't hear much about him initially but he seemingly turned a corner this season and started racking up points. I think TwoMinutesForNothing (as usual) did a write-up regarding his stats and other players to have done what he's been doing in the Reunanen thread in the Farm System section of the Board.

I genuinely have no idea what we have on our hands with this guy, but I'm excited to find out. Sounds like he deserves way more buzz than he's been getting.
    Hidden Content

“'Things aren't what they used to be' is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.” Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold.

We have those high-end puck movers and OFD. I'm ready to bulk up on some guys that can just flat out play defense. I hope they go DFD in the #20 spot this draft and just keep adding to the stock pile of D we have now -- seemingly out of nowhere.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    We have those high-end puck movers and OFD. I'm ready to bulk up on some guys that can just flat out play defense. I hope they go DFD in the #20 spot this draft and just keep adding to the stock pile of D we have now -- seemingly out of nowhere.
    I think the opposite. I'm still taking BPA no matter what but I'd be more inclined to go Center if everything else grades out equal. Especially if they draft Kakko.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think the opposite. I'm still taking BPA no matter what but I'd be more inclined to go Center if everything else grades out equal. Especially if they draft Kakko.
    I'm assuming BPA at 20 is one of:

Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas (Swe.)
    Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (Ger.)
    Thomas Harley, D, Mississauga (OHL)
    Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Fin.)

Generally, yes. BPA. I'm just hoping that's a big Dman.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I agree, too many question marks upfront, and they have a good backlog of defensive prospects. There will be some highly skilled forwards at 20 that I’d take a risk on. There will be plenty of depth dmen in rounds 2, 3 and 4. None of the guys available at 20 have shown anything showing they can be #1D, and they develop so much later.

Need smart picks, regardless
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    My thought exactly. Jake Elmer, Patrick Newell, Joey Keane, Tarmo, and others are all new stories to watch down there. Still waiting on the coaching and management structure.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    My thought exactly. Jake Elmer, Patrick Newell, Joey Keane, Tarmo, and others are all new stories to watch down there. Still waiting on the coaching and management structure.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Some said the same thing last summer.

I'm still optimistic about Lindgren's development. He doesn't give a shit about offense. When brought up to sink or swim, he swam. Didn't win any medals, but he's tough and committed and could get a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    I'm still optimistic about Lindgren's development. He doesn't give a shit about offense. When brought up to sink or swim, he swam. Didn't win any medals, but he's tough and committed and could get a lot better.

I don't disagree. I liked his game. That being said, it doesn't hurt to have more than one stay at home d in the pipeline. We just don't have enough ice time for all these offensive dmen.
    GORTON 2020

I don't disagree. I liked his game. That being said, it doesn't hurt to have more than one stay at home d in the pipeline. We just don't have enough ice time for all these offensive dmen.
    Agreed.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Puck moving, offensive D are the way it’s trending now. But I agree. Need to mix in a couple stay at home, shut down type guys

And is anyone in our system going to be a high-end two-way D?

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Miller, if he pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Puck moving, offensive D are the way it’s trending now. But I agree. Need to mix in a couple stay at home, shut down type guys

And is anyone in our system going to be a high-end two-way D?
    I don't think Hajek has shown nearly enough offense to call him a two-way dman. So I would also put him in the mostly D category.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    I'm assuming BPA at 20 is one of:

Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas (Swe.)
    Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (Ger.)
    Thomas Harley, D, Mississauga (OHL)
    Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Fin.)

Generally, yes. BPA. I'm just hoping that's a big Dman.
    I wouldn't mind this guy for #20. Depends on what's there at 20 though. A center isn't a bad idea either.

The #20 pick is really where all the thought is going to go. The #2 pick is a no brainer!

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I wouldn't mind this guy for #20. Depends on what's there at 20 though. A center isn't a bad idea either.

The #20 pick is really where all the thought is going to go. The #2 pick is a no brainer!
    I'm going to be kinda shocked if we pick at 20. I'm feeling as if we're moving off that pick.

I'm throwing a theory out there that if Broberg is on the board at 13, we make a deal w/the Panthers to move up for him. Else, yeah, I could see Heinola/Seider.

Seider strikes me as the classic "hey, this dude is rising fast and will go way higher than expected" guy though.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

https://www.hockeyprospect.com/2019-nhl-draft-rankings/

Seider ranked 10th!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pronman has him going at 13 to Florida.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast