• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Tarmo Reunanen to Entry-Level Contract

Phil

There are gonna be some good players in Hartford this season.

Living in Charlotte I get to see the Checkers in the AHL, they have been fun to watch this year, quality play and a killer pipeline for Carolina .. I hope the Rangers dearth of draft picks leads to a real honest to God farm system.. It would be nice for a call up to be a prospect rather than a AAAA level player

This guy is an interesting one to watch. We didn't hear much about him initially but he seemingly turned a corner this season and started racking up points. I think TwoMinutesForNothing (as usual) did a write-up regarding his stats and other players to have done what he's been doing in the Reunanen thread in the Farm System section of the Board.

I genuinely have no idea what we have on our hands with this guy, but I'm excited to find out. Sounds like he deserves way more buzz than he's been getting.

We have those high-end puck movers and OFD. I'm ready to bulk up on some guys that can just flat out play defense. I hope they go DFD in the #20 spot this draft and just keep adding to the stock pile of D we have now -- seemingly out of nowhere.

We have those high-end puck movers and OFD. I'm ready to bulk up on some guys that can just flat out play defense. I hope they go DFD in the #20 spot this draft and just keep adding to the stock pile of D we have now -- seemingly out of nowhere.

I think the opposite. I'm still taking BPA no matter what but I'd be more inclined to go Center if everything else grades out equal. Especially if they draft Kakko.

I think the opposite. I'm still taking BPA no matter what but I'd be more inclined to go Center if everything else grades out equal. Especially if they draft Kakko.

I'm assuming BPA at 20 is one of:

Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas (Swe.)

Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (Ger.)

Thomas Harley, D, Mississauga (OHL)

Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Fin.)

Generally, yes. BPA. I'm just hoping that's a big Dman.

I agree, too many question marks upfront, and they have a good backlog of defensive prospects. There will be some highly skilled forwards at 20 that I’d take a risk on. There will be plenty of depth dmen in rounds 2, 3 and 4. None of the guys available at 20 have shown anything showing they can be #1D, and they develop so much later.

Need smart picks, regardless

My thought exactly. Jake Elmer, Patrick Newell, Joey Keane, Tarmo, and others are all new stories to watch down there. Still waiting on the coaching and management structure.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Some said the same thing last summer.

I'm still optimistic about Lindgren's development. He doesn't give a shit about offense. When brought up to sink or swim, he swam. Didn't win any medals, but he's tough and committed and could get a lot better.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm still optimistic about Lindgren's development. He doesn't give a shit about offense. When brought up to sink or swim, he swam. Didn't win any medals, but he's tough and committed and could get a lot better.

I don't disagree. I liked his game. That being said, it doesn't hurt to have more than one stay at home d in the pipeline. We just don't have enough ice time for all these offensive dmen.

I don't disagree. I liked his game. That being said, it doesn't hurt to have more than one stay at home d in the pipeline. We just don't have enough ice time for all these offensive dmen.

Puck moving, offensive D are the way it’s trending now. But I agree. Need to mix in a couple stay at home, shut down type guys

And is anyone in our system going to be a high-end two-way D?

Puck moving, offensive D are the way it?s trending now. But I agree. Need to mix in a couple stay at home, shut down type guys

And is anyone in our system going to be a high-end two-way D?

I don't think Hajek has shown nearly enough offense to call him a two-way dman. So I would also put him in the mostly D category.

I'm assuming BPA at 20 is one of:

Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas (Swe.)

Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (Ger.)

Thomas Harley, D, Mississauga (OHL)

Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Fin.)

Generally, yes. BPA. I'm just hoping that's a big Dman.

I wouldn't mind this guy for #20. Depends on what's there at 20 though. A center isn't a bad idea either.

The #20 pick is really where all the thought is going to go. The #2 pick is a no brainer!

I wouldn't mind this guy for #20. Depends on what's there at 20 though. A center isn't a bad idea either.

The #20 pick is really where all the thought is going to go. The #2 pick is a no brainer!

I'm going to be kinda shocked if we pick at 20. I'm feeling as if we're moving off that pick.

I'm throwing a theory out there that if Broberg is on the board at 13, we make a deal w/the Panthers to move up for him. Else, yeah, I could see Heinola/Seider.

Seider strikes me as the classic "hey, this dude is rising fast and will go way higher than expected" guy though.

I've looked at an awful lot of these, and that is the highest I've seen Seider going by a good margin. Hockey News and Future Considerations both have him at 15, which is the next highest, but the rest are largely 17-22. I give Hockey Prospect a lot of cred, though, as the only ones who had Kravtsov (at 6) anywhere near where he actually went. They bumped Seider up from 11 to 10 since their February version.