• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PHI Re-Sign F Kevin Hayes to 7-Year/$50 Million Extension; $7.14M AAV

josh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key here is now Philly can offer an 8th year.

I like Kevin Hayes but is he really a max years kind of player? I can't imagine offering him 5 years because of the motivation factor. I know he's only 27 now but I don't think we'll like what we see when he hits 30.

I like Kevin Hayes but is he really a max years kind of player? I can't imagine offering him 5 years because of the motivation factor. I know he's only 27 now but I don't think we'll like what we see when he hits 30.
I don't think a team would trade anything at all for him to offer him 5 years...

Key here is now Philly can offer an 8th year.

Don't think so, have to be on the roster by the trade deadline.

"An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Don't think so, have to be on the roster by the trade deadline.

"An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Makes the trade dumber now.

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Makes the trade dumber now.

I dont think it was well known. One of the TSN guys was discussing it during the deadline in regards to Panarin/Bob contracts

Hayes's comments about having a good experience with the Rangers and how he matured with them would tend to indicate that he would like to play for AV. He may feel pressure to sign with Philly now or risk having their attention turn elsewhere on July 1. As for the Rangers, there is no reason to believe that they will offer him more than they did in February or that he won't get better offers than that. I don't think the 'peg gave Philly permission to talk to him before the trade. If they had done that and it looked like Hayes and Philly might be close to an agreement, the price would have been higher, like the Second we gave up for the rights to Fox.

Hayes's comments about having a good experience with the Rangers and how he matured with them would tend to indicate that he would like to play for AV.

I think this is definitely true. AV is more well respected around the league, including amongst players, than fans want to think.