• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PHI Re-Sign F Kevin Hayes to 7-Year/$50 Million Extension; $7.14M AAV

josh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! What a fucking joke of a contract that is.

Cracked 50 points once. Yikes.

Cannot wait to hate him even harder for the next 7 years. Dudes a bum.

PS if this is what Kreiders looking for he can get lost. You don’t bog down cap space with mediocre players. That’s how you run your team into the ground.

Hayes? highest career point total was last season with the majority of it playing shut down center on a lottery team.

Thinking 7.14m is an over payment is laughable.

As Phil stated, the term is what?s hard to swallow, but if Hayes continues a shut down role while producing decent points and you end up with something that might be a very low end Patrice Bergeron, then it?s ok to pay him 7.14m.

This deal could end up being a low key steal.

Also, Hayes and I have the same dealer so, I?ll get off my cloud now.

Hayes has shown the ability to play a very solid two way game. Philly now has two real solid centers (Couturier) that can do just that and will be on the ice close to 48 minutes a game. I think this is a good signing for Philly. I don't like the years at all but I think Hayes on the open market might have gotten that anyway.

Hayes has shown the ability to play a very solid two way game. Philly now has two real solid centers (Couturier) that can do just that and will be on the ice close to 48 minutes a game. I think this is a good signing for Philly. I don't like the years at all but I think Hayes on the open market might have gotten that anyway.

Centers play 24 minutes?

Centers play 24 minutes?

Between the two with special team play...gotta be close to that. Couturier averaged over 22 minutes last year so I'm sure several games he was over 24. Hayes, after that big contract, would be expected to take a jump up in ice time. How about 44 minutes a game then? Better?

HA! What a fucking joke of a contract that is.

Cracked 50 points once. Yikes.

Cannot wait to hate him even harder for the next 7 years. Dudes a bum.

PS if this is what Kreiders looking for he can get lost. You don’t bog down cap space with mediocre players. That’s how you run your team into the ground.

We've seen Hayes' play the last two years. Does anyone really think he's gonna score less than 50 points centering JVR and Voracek?

We've seen Hayes' play the last two years. Does anyone really think he's gonna score less than 50 points centering JVR and Voracek?

He?s cracked 50 pts once in 5 years In the NHL.

And this contract is from age 27-34

NHL players simply don?t improve during those ages.

He may have 1-2 years of almost decent production for that contract, (7 million for 50 pts is still terrible)....but after that this could be a albatross when he hits 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He’s cracked 50 pts once in 5 years In the NHL.

And this contract is from age 27-34

NHL players simply don’t improve during those ages.

He may have 1-2 years of almost decent production for that contract, (7 million for 50 pts is still terrible)....but after that this could be a albatross when he hits 30.

you can say that about any UFA who signs a long term contract. so whats the other option, not ever sign a free agent to a long term deal?

you can say that about any UFA who signs a long term contract. so whats the other option, not ever sign a free agent to a long term deal?

Don?t expect 40-50 pt players to magically become 50-60 point players.

History shows us past age 26 is where production trends down.

Panarin per example is not a 40-50 pt

Player, and worth a ton. I just don?t expect him to start reaching 110-130 pts at this age

Don’t expect 40-50 pt players to magically become 50-60 point players.

Player, and worth a ton. I just don’t expect him to start reaching 110-130 pts at this age

soooo.... TRADE ZIBANEJAD!!

Don’t expect 40-50 pt players to magically become 50-60 point players.

Player, and worth a ton. I just don’t expect him to start reaching 110-130 pts at this age

Hayes right now is a 55 point two way center. IMO he's worth $7M per. you're worried about paying him $7M when he's 34-35 years old, but that's the nature of the beast.