• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Taylor Hall Not Interested in Extension with New Jersey Devils At This Time

They have a pretty bright future, brighter than the Rangers at this moment.

But that’s not why. Free agents almost always leave NJ

No they don't, it's not even close. They're prospect pool is Hischier, Hughes, Ty Smith and...nothing else of consequence. Their drafting has been abysmal. The only thing that can save them is if they steal a prospect or two by taking on a bad contract, b/c they're a cap floor team.

They're basically 2016 Buffalo.

No they don't, it's not even close. They're prospect pool is Hischier, Hughes, Ty Smith and...nothing else of consequence. Their drafting has been abysmal. The only thing that can save them is if they steal a prospect or two by taking on a bad contract, b/c they're a cap floor team.

They're basically 2016 Buffalo.

This. They absolutely do not have a brighter future. At all. Especially if/when Hall leaves.

if Hall leaves, sure. but they have 2 first overalls to build around. we have 2nd overall and Andersson

Krav + Kakko + Fox + Miller + Shesterkin + Chytil

vs.

Hischier + Hughes + Smith + Nothing

• Like 1

Krav + Kakko + Fox + Miller + Shesterkin + Chytil

vs.

Hischier + Hughes + Smith + Nothing

McLeod, Blackwood, Boqvist, Zacha, Quennville, Wood, Bratt, Zetterlund are exactly Shesterkin, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Chytil, Fox, etc.

The difference between the two organizations- Hall vs no one, and Hughes vs well, no one.

Jeff O'Neill's opinion is that Hall doesn't want to come back, period. Said it had the Tavares situation written all over it. I tend to agree.

Having read the Athletic's piece on this I'd have to agree as well. Hearing things like "there's no rush", "the team has more important things to work out right now" and "I'm sure we'll sit down and talk at a later stage" it just reeks of Parise/Tavares. There's a theory that what's happening here is Hall waiting to see what Shero is able to do in free agency and trades before committing, but I'm not so sure. It'll be interesting to follow. Surely Shero cannot allow this to drag on into the season and risk another Tavares situation.