• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trade Talks Heating Up for Jets D Jacob Trouba

Phil

Don't want it, but think Trouba may be JD's first target.

Looking at Columbus and St. Louis, the major moves that turned around those organizations were probably getting Seth Jones and drafting Alex Pietrangelo.

RHD, all-around skill, good offense, physical, athletic, play all situations.

Dont have anyone matching that description on the right side

McKenzie re: Trouba: "I think the New York Rangers will be all over that one, amongst others."

From his latest podcast.

I listened to that pod and I get the feeling that was a bit of a throwaway comment from Bob based on history rather than fact.

I mean, I'd love to get Trouba but I don't see how they make it work. I'm also not sure the Rangers are the best trade partner for Winnipeg with regards to what they could send back for him.

I listened to that pod and I get the feeling that was a bit of a throwaway comment from Bob based on history rather than fact.

I mean, I'd love to get Trouba but I don't see how they make it work. I'm also not sure the Rangers are the best trade partner for Winnipeg with regards to what they could send back for him.

Really? I think the Rangers have enough assets to figure out a deal with just about anybody at this point. It's if they are willing to give them up. A deal for Trouba starts with Winnipeg's pick going back to them and Buch. They can figure out the rest from there.

Really? I think the Rangers have enough assets to figure out a deal with just about anybody at this point. It's if they are willing to give them up. A deal for Trouba starts with Winnipeg's pick going back to them and Buch. They can figure out the rest from there.

I would have to pass on that. Not willing to pay that price. If he wants to come to NY he can choose to sign here in free agency next year. If another team steps in and trades a bundle for him, then signs him to a long term contract, then so be it.

I think Winnipeg are primarily looking for a hockey deal for Trouba, ie bringing back someone who slots into the lineup in a position of need. I don’t think Buch does a whole lot to improve their top 9. I don’t think getting their pick back swings it either. There’ll be plenty of teams out there with moveable assets that are better fits.