• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

On the Clock: NHL Draft Simulator

josh

https://fanspeak.com/nhlotc/

Great draft!

2: R1P2 RW KAAPO KAKKO TPS

20: R1P20 C ALEX TURCOTTE U.S. U-18

49: R2P18 D MORITZ SEIDER ADLER MANNHEIM

58: R2P27 C JOHN BEECHER U.S. U-18

68: R3P6 D BRADEN DOYLE LAWRENCE ACADEMY

112: R4P19 RW LUKA BURZAN BRANDON

130: R5P6 C ANTTI SAARELA LUKKO

161: R6P6 LW PREMYSL SVOBODA LITVINOV

205: R7P19 D KIM NOUSIAINEN KALPA

2: R1P2 RW KAAPO KAKKOTPS

20: R1P20 C PEYTON KREBS KOOTENAY

49: R2P18 D MORITZ SEIDER ADLER MANNHEIM

58: R2P27 LW ADAM BECKMAN SPOKANE

68: R3P6LW ROBERT MASTROSIMONE CHICAGO

Both of us got pretty unlikely picks at 20 and 49.

2: R1P2 RW KAAPO KAKKO TPS

20: R1P20 C ALEX NEWHOOK VICTORIA

49: R2P18 C NIKITA ALEXANDROV CHARLOTTETOWN

58: R2P27 LW ROBERT MASTROSIMONE CHICAGO

68: R3P6 D MARSHALL WARREN U.S. U-18

112: R4P19 C MATVEY GUSKOV LONDON

130: R5P6 D MATTIAS NORLINDER MODO

After the 1st two rounds I was just throwing names in there b/c I haven't really heard of any of them.

I've barely looked a dmen for this draft. Would like to get another skilled forward at 20, then grab foreign dmen later and let them develop overseas.

Broberg and York should both be on our radar if we pick at 20 and they're somehow still on the board. Seider might slide.

Broberg and York should both be on our radar if we pick at 20 and they're somehow still on the board. Seider might slide.

I'm sure the Rangers will probably draft a guy fans have never seen and they'll peg him as the future #1D man like we saw this season.

I haven't been overly impressed to think any of them are automatic top-pair d-men. On the flip side, I see a lot of skill that may be on the board at #20, and with Kakko/Hughes, I'd be willing to roll the dice on a high risk, high reward pick. There should be a ton of middle pair dmen that Quinn can work with in the later rounds.

I'm sure the Rangers will probably draft a guy fans have never seen and they'll peg him as the future #1D man like we saw this season.

I haven't been overly impressed to think any of them are automatic top-pair d-men. On the flip side, I see a lot of skill that may be on the board at #20, and with Kakko/Hughes, I'd be willing to roll the dice on a high risk, high reward pick. There should be a ton of middle pair dmen that Quinn can work with in the later rounds.

If any of the high-risk/high-reward forwards are still there, sure. My list there is Podkolzin, Kaliyev, Lavoie - and I just think they're all gone by 20.

To be fair, pulling a number 2-3 defender out of #20 is decent value. I think we might get lucky and see a Newhook or one of those NTDP forwards land at 20 too, but if we've got Broberg or York sitting there I'd find it hard to look the gift horse in the mouth.

I curious to know where Cozens, Podkolzin, and Suzuki went in these simulators?

I’ve seen Podkolzin dropping of late and Sieder moving up because of his performance in the IIHF World Championships.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

just fyi - this simulator seems to be pretty "off".

I believe Cozens and Podkolzin went top 10, didnt notice Suzuki, as Turcotte and Zegras were still there at 20, for me

If any of the high-risk/high-reward forwards are still there, sure. My list there is Podkolzin, Kaliyev, Lavoie - and I just think they're all gone by 20.

To be fair, pulling a number 2-3 defender out of #20 is decent value. I think we might get lucky and see a Newhook or one of those NTDP forwards land at 20 too, but if we've got Broberg or York sitting there I'd find it hard to look the gift horse in the mouth.

Lavoie needed that playoff run for his stock, and that was a good sign.

I'm starting to gravitate towards some of the smaller forwards. Brink, who I wanted to avoid, keeps popping up, and the skill is there. Pelletier, Hoglander is fast and has good hands.

I think they'll have a few guys they can choose from. Just hope they dont blow it.

From what I remember in the preseason the top 5 was Hughes, Kakko, Podkolzin, Dach and Boldy.

Bill Placzek said

The year the Blues stole Tarasenko 16th overall, I commented in my mock (where I had Tarasenko "a gift dropping to slot ten", due to the "Russian factor") how this was a top five guy. I am going to go out on the line right now and say this kid is the best up and down winger in the class, and everyone should start praying their team doesn't pass him by, because he is the real deal, from Russia with love.

So I was curious to see if the simulator would have also dropped him from 3rd as well.

Larry Fisher from the hockey writers.com had Suzuki in the number 10 spot in his preseason ranking and now in May he has him 35th. So I was just a little curious to see where the simulator put him.

Any thoughts?

2: R1P2

RW*KAAPO KAKKO

TPS

20: R1P20

RW*PAVEL DOROFEYEV

MAGNITGORSKI

49: R2P18

LW*VLADISLAV FIRSTOV

WATERLOO

58: R2P27

D*MORITZ SEIDER

ADLER MANNHEIM

68: R3P6

D*JAYDEN STRUBLE

ST. SEBASTIANS SCHOOL

112: R4P19

C*OWEN LINDMARK

U.S. U-18

130: R5P6

D*COOPER MOORE

BRUNSWICK PREP

161: R6P6

C*ANTTI SAARELA

LUKKO

205: R7P19

C*TOMAS MAZURA

KIMBALL UNION

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Lavoie needed that playoff run for his stock, and that was a good sign.

I'm starting to gravitate towards some of the smaller forwards. Brink, who I wanted to avoid, keeps popping up, and the skill is there. Pelletier, Hoglander is fast and has good hands.

I think they'll have a few guys they can choose from. Just hope they dont blow it.

I think it's hard to "gamble" on Brink, Pelletier, Hoglander, etc w/20 if there's a surer thing on the board.

Now, if you want to fall back a few spots to 25 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd on the way? Fuck yeah, gamble.

Nhl.com had an article on Moritz Sieder by Aaron vickers titled Sieder raises 2019 nhl draft stock with world championships performance. So I can?t see him going in the 2nd round.

But yes Dorofeyev is listed in the 1st Rd in most all mocks?as high as 17th. Sieder is also listed in the top 20 in most drafts. Firstov, I?ve seen as low as being in the 4th?as high as in the 3rd Rd.