• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

On the Clock: NHL Draft Simulator

josh

I think it's hard to "gamble" on Brink, Pelletier, Hoglander, etc w/20 if there's a surer thing on the board.

Now, if you want to fall back a few spots to 25 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd on the way? Fuck yeah, gamble.

That's why it's a "risk". I think these guys have the skills to be top liners, or play-controlling 2nd liners. It would be a gamble to take them a bit earlier than expected... like the Rangers have done under Gorton.

Having Kakko or Hughes at 2 is all the more reason to go for some more risk with 20. You’re getting a surefire high-end player. Why not go for two if you can? Of course if there’s a solid faller that makes sense there to for him, but I’m not sure if there’s really BPA by the time you get to 20.

Any thoughts?

2: R1P2

RW*KAAPO KAKKO

TPS

20: R1P20

RW*PAVEL DOROFEYEV

MAGNITGORSKI

49: R2P18

LW*VLADISLAV FIRSTOV

WATERLOO

58: R2P27

D*MORITZ SEIDER

ADLER MANNHEIM

68: R3P6

D*JAYDEN STRUBLE

ST. SEBASTIANS SCHOOL

112: R4P19

C*OWEN LINDMARK

U.S. U-18

130: R5P6

D*COOPER MOORE

BRUNSWICK PREP

161: R6P6

C*ANTTI SAARELA

LUKKO

205: R7P19

C*TOMAS MAZURA

KIMBALL UNION

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

no more Russians please. lol

Nhl.com had an article on Moritz Sieder by Aaron vickers titled Sieder raises 2019 nhl draft stock with world championships performance. So I can?t see him going in the 2nd round.

But yes Dorofeyev is listed in the 1st Rd in most all mocks?as high as 17th. Sieder is also listed in the top 20 in most drafts. Firstov, I?ve seen as low as being in the 4th?as high as in the 3rd Rd.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That simulator drops Seider to around 50 pretty much every time. Don't know what assumptions are baked in, but that seems wacky based on the bulk of ratings and other mock drafts that I've seen.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There is literally no chance of Seider being available at #50. He could very well be available at #20 though, although I'm not entirely sure he's a player you go for with that pick. I think I'd probably want to swing for the fences on upside with #20.

There is literally no chance of Seider being available at #50. He could very well be available at #20 though, although I'm not entirely sure he's a player you go for with that pick. I think I'd probably want to swing for the fences on upside with #20.
It had Krebs dropping to 20 every time, which also severely strains probability. But, sure would be nice.