• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Video of Capitals? Evgeny Kuznetsov, white powdery substance emerges

Phil

Evgeny Kuznetsov said he has ?nothing to hide? in response to a video that went viral Monday showing the Washington Capitals star sitting in a room near two lines of a powdery white substance spread onto a table.

The video, posted by the now-deleted Twitter account @Thesavspb with the caption, ?So this is why we lost # Kuznetsov # fm2019? ? likely in reference to Russia?s third-place finish at the IIHF World Championships in Slovakia ? does not include a date or time. Kuznetsov did not make contact with the unknown substance in the 20-second clip, and appeared to be in the middle of a FaceTime conversation.

In his native tongue, Kuznetsov told Russian news outlet Sports Express that he has never used drugs and is ready to undergo a medical exam ?at any time,? as translated. He explained that the video was shot in Las Vegas amid Washington?s 2018 Stanley Cup run.

?I just went to my friends in the room. When I saw what was happening there ? unfamiliar women, strange substances on the table,? he said, adding that he left the room as soon as possible. ?I have nothing to hide, let it remain on the conscience of the one who posted this video.?

The Capitals said in a statement that they are aware of the video and ?are currently in the process of gathering facts and will have no further comment at this time.? NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said much the same.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/27/video-of-capitals-evgeny-kuznetsov-white-powdery-substance-emerges/

• 2 months later...

ruh roh

https://www.iihf.com/en/news/13563/iihf-suspends-kuznetsov

IIHF suspends Kuznetsov

The IIHF has suspended Russian ice hockey player Yevgeni Kuznetsov for a violation of World Anti-Doping Code Article 2.1 (Presence of a Prohibited Substance).

The case concerns a test indicating a prohibited substance, cocaine, according to section S6.a (non-specified substance) of the World Anti-Doping Code 2019 Prohibited List. The prohibited substance was found in a doping control which occurred on 26 May 2019 at the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/23/evgeny-kuznetsov-suspended-four-years-by-iihf-testing-positive-cocaine/?noredirect=on

Evgeny Kuznetsov suspended four years from international hockey after positive cocaine test

“While I have never taken illegal drugs in my life and career, I would like to publicly apologize to the Capitals, my teammates, our fans and everyone else for putting myself in a bad situation,” Kuznetsov said in a statement in late May.

4 years? I'm not a drug guy in any way but I'm not sure why he should be punished at all let alone 4 years?

They list it as performance enhancing. Being international, they go with 4 years - usually meaning you'd have to miss an olympics