• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-2019 | Stanley Cup Final | Boston Bruins v. St. Louis Blues | PLAY GLORIA!

Phil

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Blues in 4
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched the play a dozen times and I still can't tell Acciari purposely baited contact by repositioning his body when he saw Bozak coming around the boards. It certainly looked like some heavy embellishment in real speed, just because the fall was completely unnatural looking. I'm surprised it wasn't called a penalty though. If I was the referee I probably would have called it on the spot.

That's a penalty.

It's a penalty in the first minute of the first preseason game.

It's a penalty in OT of the Seventh game of the Finals.

If that's not a penalty, the average career in the NHL would last about a third of one season.

I'd like to say bad judgment, but honestly it looks like cowardice.

This is exactly why I've never bought on to the "put the whistle away" credo for the third period and OT. You may not like PP goals deciding games, but it's better than having games decided by goals scored with the aid of not called penalties.

Ref missed an obvious trip. There were still four other Bruins that the Blues passed around, and Rask got beat to make it 2-0. Bruins had an avalanche of chances in the first period they didn't convert. Blues went into a defensive shell in the third, and Bruins couldn't find a way to tie it up.

Binnington had his stick knocked away by a Bruin with about two minutes left in the third. Later in the play puck gets behind him, and I believe it was Gustafson that had to fling the puck to safety.

Refs missed that call too. If the Bruins tie up the game on that play and win the game in overtime, did the referees 'decide' the outcome?

Anyone who bitches about one missed call, doesn't understand how the game works. Calls are missed all the time. Bruins had 54 minutes before the call to score a goal and didn't do it.

Fuck them.

Repped when I get to a laptop.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/blues/2019/06/09/st-louis-post-dispatch-blues-stanley-cup/1402597001/

The publishers of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch either have a crystal ball or a little too much adrenaline going into Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.

But the local paper just couldn't wait for the series to conclude. It accidentally sent out an electronic edition of the paper that included a signed congratulatory letter from Blues chairman and governor Tom Stillman as well as a celebratory advertisement from rental car company Enterprise, which was founded in St. Louis.

St. Louis better win tonight!!!!