• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-2019 | Stanley Cup Final | Boston Bruins v. St. Louis Blues | PLAY GLORIA!

Phil

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Blues in 4
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

Blues in 5.

Especially if Binnington gets going.

Would love it! Tuuka's been great though, so a battle of two Gs and chippy hockey might be in our future.

They said it was the first win in Stanley Cup Finals history for the Blues. They were 0-13 after game 1. That kind of blew my mind. Make it to the Cup Finals 3 different times and get swept each time.

Yeah, that's pretty fucking wild.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said it was the first win in Stanley Cup Finals history for the Blues. They were 0-13 after game 1. That kind of blew my mind. Make it to the Cup Finals 3 different times and get swept each time.

They made it to the SC Finals their first three years in existence, and got swept all three times, then didn't get back to the Finals until this year. It's very odd.

They made it to the SC Finals their first three years in existence, and got swept all three times, then didn't get back to the Finals until this year. It's very odd.

That makes it even crazier. What a wierd franchise. They've also squandered many opportunities with pretty great teams over the last 10 year span or so. Firmly in that Predator/Rangers bracket of close but not good enough.

The fan base deserves a Cup. Hope they can prove my prediction wrong and get it. Keep it out of Boston.

That makes it even crazier. What a wierd franchise. They've also squandered many opportunities with pretty great teams over the last 10 year span or so. Firmly in that Predator/Rangers bracket of close but not good enough.

The fan base deserves a Cup. Hope they can prove my prediction wrong and get it. Keep it out of Boston.

Exactly. The history of the blues has been freaking depressing. All of that failure could and must be washed away. And since I live in New England, I can't bear more Boston insufferably. Their fans up here are obnoxious.

LET'S GO BLUES.

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Blues opted for a ridiculously veteran team out of the gates, even bringing 45 year old alcoholic Doug Harvey out of mothballs. The result was an immediate middling NHL team, capable of winning the all expansion West and making it to the finals three years running and getting swept. It got old fast, so they changed it for the following year for the East and West to cross over in the second round. That instantly hurt the Rangers: they had to play the Hawks (who had been moved to the west) while the Canadiens, even though they had fewer points than the Rangers, got to play the North Stars. To add insult to injury, the Hawks were given they home advantage even though they had fewer points than the Rangers. If the Blues had won a few games in the finals, we wouldn't have had those changes, and Rangers would have won the Cup in 1971. Chatting with Larry Brooks some years back, he agreed that was the best year of the 54 for the Rangers to win the Cup. That team was actually a little better than the following year's team.
  • Like 1

The Blues opted for a ridiculously veteran team out of the gates, even bringing 45 year old alcoholic Doug Harvey out of mothballs. The result was an immediate middling NHL team, capable of winning the all expansion West and making it to the finals three years running and getting swept. It got old fast, so they changed it for the following year for the East and West to cross over in the second round. That instantly hurt the Rangers: they had to play the Hawks (who had been moved to the west) while the Canadiens, even though they had fewer points than the Rangers, got to play the North Stars. To add insult to injury, the Hawks were given they home advantage even though they had fewer points than the Rangers. If the Blues had won a few games in the finals, we wouldn't have had those changes, and Rangers would have won the Cup in 1971. Chatting with Larry Brooks some years back, he agreed that was the best year of the 54 for the Rangers to win the Cup. That team was actually a little better than the following year's team.

Had Ratelle for the whole playoffs, so a much better team.

As for the Blues, Glenn Hall had to be somewhere smiling after the win the other night. (Thought it was in his grave, but he screwed that up by apparently still being alive.) While they got swept by the Montreal Beliveaus in that first Final after expansion, it was not the slaughter that is sometimes depicted. They were all one goal games - two going to OT. Hall put on great show in goal for the Blues.

Had Ratelle for the whole playoffs, so a much better team.

Giacomin's slow slide began after '71. Tim Horton was still a bad ass and was the team's best D-man in playoffs in '71 but then gone. There was a long list of players one year closer to their primes in '71 than '72. '72 team departed from Cat's defensive emphasis and got a little score happy. Not the best game to play against Bruins. Ratelle hobbled around on PP only in finals. He was essentially out.

This series is far from over. Blues stay out of box and get standard goaltending, goes to 7.

I agree. The Blues have proven time after time they are excellent coming back from a loss. If the Blues are back to their best tonight it's 2-2, best of 3 and anyones game.

If they lose tonight it's over though. I don't see them coming back from 3-1 and heading to Boston next.

I think Berube is in a tough spot tonight. Binnington has not been very good in the finals. Another weak game and he could cost his team the cup.

I think he was left in too long on Saturday. I can't imagine he has a long leash in Game 4.

I think Berube is in a tough spot tonight. Binnington has not been very good in the finals. Another weak game and he could cost his team the cup.

I think he was left in too long on Saturday. I can't imagine he has a long leash in Game 4.

Is he even confirmed as the starter?

Tough one because he always responds with a win after a loss. But Saturday's performance will probably make Berube think twice. My guess is he sticks with what got him here, and it's probably the only call at this point.