• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

If Not Artemi Panarin, Then Who?

Phil

Again, Pavs checks all the intangible boxes. Signing a guy like him short term is in a playoff push. It's a culture push.

I agree with this. For the right term, pavelski would be a good move.

I?m more talking about the not-so-marquee names like Duchene and that that second tier below Panarin. I have no interest in that and neither should the Rangers.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Pavs checks all the intangible boxes. Signing a guy like him short term is in a playoff push. It's a culture push.

I think he'd be better if for the Rangers if you expected them to make a playoff run this season.

I don't think he's going to a rebuilding squad to help kids grow until his retirement. That's not where he'd fit.

Where is Howard's?

In Patchogue;

The intersection of Waverly avenue and Sunrise Highway....south side of sunrise.

Maybe we should do an opening night over there for BB boys?? ;)

RJ?? what do you think man?

I just put Pavelski because he was being talked about if Panarin doesn't sign and put his age in comparison, not the actual player.

The Vesey, Names package was just throwing spitballs because Pitts needs younger, cost control players and are in need of draft picks.

If that was the cost of Kessel count me in though! I agree Pitts wants younger cost controller players and draft picks, but it's probably more in the Buchnevich/1st/prospect range. A team that is ready to challenge for a Cup would and probably will pay the price.

In Patchogue;

The intersection of Waverly avenue and Sunrise Highway....south side of sunrise.

LOL, sorry boys. I moved to PA.

If that was the cost of Kessel count me in though! I agree Pitts wants younger cost controller players and draft picks, but it's probably more in the Buchnevich/1st/prospect range. A team that is ready to challenge for a Cup would and probably will pay the price.

I like Kessel. Always thought the Rangers should have tried to get him when he was available both times, years ago . He's still young at 31 and all, but I'm not sure if I want him here. He didn't work out too well in a rebuild situation with Toronto.

But Marleau is interesting. He's still got game, but is a bit overpriced and over age for what Toronto is doing.

If they are willing to package him with Kapanan, I'd trade them Kreider and Pionk, IF they also take Smith or Shattenkirk at a retained salary.

I'm with ThirtyOne on this.

If it's not Panarin the Rangers should take their ball and go home.

Duchene, Skinner etc are fine players but not the right move for Rangers at this point. If they can't get the top prize I'd rather they use the cap space to get more assets and draft capital.

In Patchogue;

In the Staples shopping center? Across from St Joseph's?

LOL, sorry boys. I moved to PA.

When did that happen?

As long as I’m not working count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

In the Staples shopping center? Across from St Joseph's?

When did that happen?

Yes thats the spot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like the making of a raunchy ass opening night crowd! I think I like this!!

As it gets closer to September we'll get our shit together and get down there!

Thought I might share this table from EvolvingWild (the folks behind Evolving-Hockey; they're datamongers who try to look at the game through advanced stats.

They're trying to project the contracts for every UFA/RFA. I think they're not considering a few key details (35+ deals, namely), and obviously there are extraneous circumstances involved, but they seem to be reasonably in range.

They're projecting that the most likely scenario around Panarin is 8y/11.3per. If he hits the FA market, he probably stands to drop down to a 5 year deal in the 10-ish a year range, on their estimation.

Karlsson looks to be getting geared up for a contract similar to what he rejected from the Sens, too.

They picked up on where Matt Cane (now working for the Devils) left off. It's a great tool to help baseline most deals. Cane's accuracy was surprisingly good. I can't imagine the Twins' would be any worse.

They picked up on where Matt Cane (now working for the Devils) left off. It's a great tool to help baseline most deals. Cane's accuracy was surprisingly good. I can't imagine the Twins' would be any worse.

Yup. Aside from the additional loyalty payout to Brock Nelson, they seem to be rather in-the-ballpark.

With an 8 year deal to Panarin, they’re assuming he gets traded before signing it I presume?

Yeah, definitely. I'd have to imagine that CBJ will throw a Brinks truck at him and if they can't make it work, he's dealt at the draft for a few picks.

Candidly, I bet he's dealt at the draft for picks anyway, seeing as CBJ have like two selections through 2021. Him, Dzingel, maybe Duchene too.

Yeah, definitely. I'd have to imagine that CBJ will throw a Brinks truck at him and if they can't make it work, he's dealt at the draft for a few picks.

Candidly, I bet he's dealt at the draft for picks anyway, seeing as CBJ have like two selections through 2021. Him, Dzingel, maybe Duchene too.

Wouldn’t surprise me either. But I’ve always felt that was such a superficial action. Just to get SOMETHING, even if that something is worth two steps north of nothing. Hard to see them getting above a 4th round pick in any deal like that.