• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Yegor Rykov to 2-Year ELC

Phil

Let the lads compete! Can't wait for prospect camp.

(Obviously, not originally drafted by NYR, but NJD.)

Rykov is another lefty. Camp is gonna be interesting, but you can't honestly let them compete without some sizable turnover this summer. Skjei, Staal, Hajek, Claesson, Lindgren all there to compete with right now.

That's interesting. I was under the impression he was expected to stay in Russia for another year or so.

I would love to see Gorton being ruthless and blow that blueline up. There's obviously a good chance Rykov starts in Hartford, but surely a few guys have to be shown the door. Hopefully it's the right ones.

Rykov is another lefty. Camp is gonna be interesting, but you can't honestly let them compete without some sizable turnover this summer. Skjei, Staal, Hajek, Claesson, Lindgren all there to compete with right now.

Isn't Claesson an upcoming UFA? I like him as a 6th-7th depth guy but I wonder if he's worth taking a spot from any of our young players. I'd wonder if instead of re-signing Claesson we bring in a Kampfer type of player who is more of a up and down between the AHL and NHL type of defenseman for that depth.

any chance we don't give Pionk a qualifying offer and let him go to UFA?

Rykov probably doesn't make the team unless Staal gets moved which I don't see happening. With him having the European

Clause there's a good chance he doesn't go to Hartford and ends up back in KHL.

Have a feeling Smith is going to serve as the 7th defenseman and 13th forward.

Rykov probably doesn't make the team unless Staal gets moved which I don't see happening. With him having the European

Clause there's a good chance he doesn't go to Hartford and ends up back in KHL.

Have a feeling Smith is going to serve as the 7th defenseman and 13th forward.

That’s why I think (hope) this is another sign Gorton plans to do some serious weeding in the D corps this summer.

It's hard to see them giving a qualifying offer to Claesson with the log jam as it is. I would have to assume they are done with him.

Yea - flip his rights for a late pick or an AHL forward.

I like Claesson, but just don't think he fits anywhere now. I can see a world where he stays if they're able to move Smith and Shatty, but I don't think the odds are great for that.

Claesson makes sense to keep if they're seriously entertaining Karlsson. Otherwise, he's not the kind of guy you keep just to keep when there's a rush of young prospects knocking on the door.

Claesson makes sense to keep if they're seriously entertaining Karlsson. Otherwise, he's not the kind of guy you keep just to keep when there's a rush of young prospects knocking on the door.

Well if they're knocking on the door and aren't ready, he's the exact type of player you need, b/c there's no downside to carrying him as a #7. Rykov and Lindgren are better in Hartford than as a #7.

Well if they're knocking on the door and aren't ready, he's the exact type of player you need, b/c there's no downside to carrying him as a #7. Rykov and Lindgren are better in Hartford than as a #7.

I suppose. Certainly more affordable than Smith.

There’s NOTHING wrong with a first year NHL player playing 60 games , and giving guys normal days off.

Have you seen Hartford??? These guys would be better off taking 3 seasons off than playing in fucking Hartford

There’s NOTHING wrong with a first year NHL player playing 60 games , and giving guys normal days off.

Have you seen Hartford??? These guys would be better off taking 3 seasons off than playing in fucking Hartford

No, there's not, but how are they getting 60 games giving normal days off? lol