• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The JD Era Begins: Rangers Announce John Davidson as New Team President

josh

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, that would be the strip club district of Montreal. I lived in Burlington, VT for much of my 20's and it was the go-to place for bachelor parties. A place you don't forget. The story is that they sent lovelies after some of our boys to keep them awake and deplete their performance on the following evening and, well, met with some success. It was 1979 after all.

That sure as hell wasn't my Catholic grade school....:eek:

I went to Plattsburgh State, and lived in Burlington Vt. for 1 1/2 years. Was there the final year that the Rangers went to UVM to open camp. Working at the local ABC affiliate and they hooked me up with a press pass and I was just a couple of feet from Mark Messier during a media scrum...Was so in awe as a huge rangers fan just out of college.

When I was in High School we practiced at the Nassau Arena in Long Beach. So did the Rangers as Skateland was under remodel. After an early morning practice the "next team" came on in no logo uniforms. And they were FAST. After a few minutes my buddy says "Holy Crap...that's ROD GILBERT!!!!! AND ESPO AND DUGUAY AND TKACZUK AND VICKERS!!!! IT'S THE FUKING RANGERS!!!!!" They were early and invited us to stay on the ice and skate with them!!!!!! Vickers did a 2 on 0 drive with me and his PASS ripped the stick out of hands! Great memories

• Like 1

I haven't seen any clips except one but I have to say, this is awesome. I was a little worried about bringing JD in but I basically only know him as a broadcaster. I wasn't around during his playing days and didn't keep track of what he was doing when he left.

It feels really good. He's not a gun for hire, he's a Ranger. I'm thrilled to watch this thing unfold.

I haven't seen any clips except one but I have to say, this is awesome. I was a little worried about bringing JD in but I basically only know him as a broadcaster. I wasn't around during his playing days and didn't keep track of what he was doing when he left.

It feels really good. He's not a gun for hire, he's a Ranger. I'm thrilled to watch this thing unfold.

Just a great day for a really cool dude!!

Here's the vid's :

[video=youtube;-I-gdXCyrrM]

• Like 1

This rebuild has been fun

What a terrific hire. Love what JD offers

So far, so Good, V!!!

We deserve this though!!!!....just trying to endure last year was like trying to eat 6 apples and shit a fruit salad!

Well really it's been 1.5 years. Anyway, I don't get the feel that we're going to be super aggressive in free agency after listening to JD preaching patience.

Listening to him on Michael Kay. I absolutely loved his answer on Free Agency.

What did he say?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Basically, in order to sign someone, it has to make sense on a number of different levels. He mentioned avoiding players with nagging injuries and avoiding players who are too far out of the preferred age range -- saying it's not going to be a good experience for either that player or the team.

Maybe it's stating the obvious, but he specifically said multiple times that they will have to do their homework on each and every player in consideration. They need to be good personalities and good people beyond just good players.

Also mentioned Kravstov was already in NYC and was impressed with his level of dedication.

Mentioned talking to Hank in the coming weeks. Mentioned talking to Messier for a potential job in the organization.

I'm projecting here, but I don't get the sense that he's excited to bring in Panarin or Karlsson for max dollars and/or term.

I really like what he's saying. Patience. Staying the course. No reaching in free agency. Doesn't sound like there's much chance of a ridiculous reach in the draft either. "We'll see what New Jersey does and we'll smile".

Basically, in order to sign someone, it has to make sense on a number of different levels. He mentioned avoiding players with nagging injuries and avoiding players who are too far out of the preferred age range -- saying it's not going to be a good experience for either that player or the team.

Maybe it's stating the obvious, but he specifically said multiple times that they will have to do their homework on each and every player in consideration. They need to be good personalities and good people beyond just good players.

Also mentioned Kravstov was already in NYC and was impressed with his level of dedication.

Mentioned talking to Hank in the coming weeks. Mentioned talking to Messier for a potential job in the organization.

I'm projecting here, but I don't get the sense that he's excited to bring in Panarin or Karlsson for max dollars and/or term.

Not sure I get a read on Panarin from JD yet. Depends if he thinks 28 is young enough or not. It's a stone cold no for Karlsson based on his words in the interview.

I think this was a lot more about Karlsson than Panarin, personally. Just given the specific language he used regarding injury history, age, etc.