• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The JD Era Begins: Rangers Announce John Davidson as New Team President

josh

While he won't make a habit of it, expect him to talk to his old partner a few times this season at least.

that would be great, to remind us what we have been missing since he left the MSG Network. Looking forward to this new era of original six hockey in New York

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I went to St. Catherine's (of Sienna) grade school!

Um, that would be the strip club district of Montreal. I lived in Burlington, VT for much of my 20's and it was the go-to place for bachelor parties. A place you don't forget. The story is that they sent lovelies after some of our boys to keep them awake and deplete their performance on the following evening and, well, met with some success. It was 1979 after all.

Um, that would be the strip club district of Montreal. I lived in Burlington, VT for much of my 20's and it was the go-to place for bachelor parties. A place you don't forget. The story is that they sent lovelies after some of our boys to keep them awake and deplete their performance on the following evening and, well, met with some success. It was 1979 after all.

I went to Plattsburgh State, and lived in Burlington Vt. for 1 1/2 years. Was there the final year that the Rangers went to UVM to open camp. Working at the local ABC affiliate and they hooked me up with a press pass and I was just a couple of feet from Mark Messier during a media scrum...Was so in awe as a huge rangers fan just out of college.

I went to Plattsburgh State, and lived in Burlington Vt. for 1 1/2 years. Was there the final year that the Rangers went to UVM to open camp. Working at the local ABC affiliate and they hooked me up with a press pass and I was just a couple of feet from Mark Messier during a media scrum...Was so in awe as a huge rangers fan just out of college.

I left town in the beginning of '87, so I was crushed when the Rangers started doing their camp there. That would have been the best. Sounds like salad days for you. That town is good living. Was back a couple weeks ago.

What was he wearing?

Two things:

(1) JD has established himself as a premier executive in this league. He turned both the Blues and the Blue Jackets from punchlines to contenders in his time with each, and with limited resources. Neither organization ever had the appeal of being a big city, an original six team, or a Cup favorite. They were not attractive free agent destinations. While he'll never get credit for it (because he's now quite far removed from his employment with the Blues), the ripple effects of his time with each organization are still paying dividends today. He's a formidable president to have, is well-respected around the league, and knows his stuff. For these reasons alone he's the right guy for the job. Perhaps more importantly, however;

(2) He will encourage staying the course and there won't be much front office upheaval for the immediate future. Jeff Gorton deserves to keep his job even if we had moved down a spot in the draft lottery. We mortgaged aging, expendable assets in to a bright, bright future. I feel as though Yzerman would've been tempted to swing for the fences prematurely, and would've certainly wanted his own stamp on the team. With JD, we won't lose anything from the current course of action (which I think everyone agrees has been superlative), but we'll still gain a tremendous asset.

Welcome home, JD. You were sorely missed. I have a sneaking suspicion you'll be able to deliver that Cup in NY that you've always wanted.

One nice thing about Sather was that he was a cultivator of Ranger traditions, bringing back traditional tie-down sweaters and not messing around with uniform designs (the way the Bruins have, for example). I feel comfortable that JD will similarly maintain traditions that tie fans like me to the team. The only thing that would have been better than having him back as team president would have been having him back as color man...

One nice thing about Sather was that he was a cultivator of Ranger traditions, bringing back traditional tie-down sweaters and not messing around with uniform designs (the way the Bruins have, for example). I feel comfortable that JD will similarly maintain traditions that tie fans like me to the team. The only thing that would have been better than having him back as team president would have been having him back as color man...

I thought tie down jerseys were a league rule

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk