Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Groups fighting Mandatory vaccines in NY

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    I believe science and doctors know the risk and reward better than me. I’m just not sure they’re all as crazy as “vaccines cause autism”.
    What risk? The risks associated to adverse reactions to vaccine are so rare that they're statistically isignificant.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Many oppose the combination shots
    Which is actually completely bogus because the clinical testing has shown it's actually most effective to have as many shots as possible at a time because the immune system reacts better.

It's funny how that pesky evidence works

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Which is actually completely bogus because the clinical testing has shown it's actually most effective to have as many shots as possible at a time because the immune system reacts better.

It's funny how that pesky evidence works
    Why not offer the single shot for a charge? More people would get the shot.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Moderator Junior Division
    Why not offer the single shot for a charge? More people would get the shot.
    They do. It's the MMR vaccine...Mumps, Measles, Rubella. I think they're trying to add chicken pox to it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They do. It's the MMR vaccine...Mumps, Measles, Rubella. I think they're trying to add chicken pox to it, too.
    Sorry..I meant why not offer individual doses to those concerned with combinations shots. Particularly if they're willing to absorb the cost.

Senior Member Junior Division
    the NYS Legislature is going to pass a law today to end religious exemptions for vaccines. So obviously some idiots are causing an uproar about it but hopefully this will be the end of it!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    the NYS Legislature is going to pass a law today to end religious exemptions for vaccines. So obviously some idiots are causing an uproar about it but hopefully this will be the end of it!
    Problem is that you still have a large number of people that won't do it because they fear their kid will get autism, no matter how many times its been proven that they don't. The problem is that as of right now, there is no way of forcing them to get the shots.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    There are, though. Make them social pariahs. Forbid their children from entering NYS school systems. Fine them. It's an issue of public health.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    There are, though. Make them social pariahs. Forbid their children from entering NYS school systems. Fine them. It's an issue of public health.
    school systems already require shots. been so for a long time. I remember when I went to high school in BK, they needed proof of all shots.
    private and religious schools have different requirements

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    school systems already require shots. been so for a long time. I remember when I went to high school in BK, they needed proof of all shots.
    private and religious schools have different requirements
    the schools do but before this bill, I believe religious exemptions were still allowed.

edit: also, this bill requires private schools too I believe
    Last edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything; 06-13-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Does nothing for kids that are home schooled, which is a growing trend. Also does nothing about being out in public. Your kid can be playing with a non-vaccinated kid at the playground and you would never know it.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Does nothing for kids that are home schooled, which is a growing trend. Also does nothing about being out in public. Your kid can be playing with a non-vaccinated kid at the playground and you would never know it.
    The inability to legislate to zero isn't a reason not to legislate. If this saves just one life, it's worth it.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

day-to-day Midget Division
    The greater the percentage of a population innoculated, the greater the herd immunity.
    https://www.vaccinestoday.eu/stories...herd-immunity/

That's why when you get a cluster of folks of the same religious beliefs or some other segregating community that refuse to get vaccinations, that community is more likely to experience an outbreak.

Natural selection works against people that make bad choices. Unfortunately hospitals schools taxpayers etc have to pay for people that make bad choices.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    The greater the percentage of a population innoculated, the greater the herd immunity.
    https://www.vaccinestoday.eu/stories...herd-immunity/

That's why when you get a cluster of folks of the same religious beliefs or some other segregating community that refuse to get vaccinations, that community is more likely to experience an outbreak.

Natural selection works against people that make bad choices. Unfortunately hospitals schools taxpayers etc have to pay for people that make bad choices.
    there are pockets of communities in Rockland County and Brooklyn (Hasidic Jews) where the cases of measles are getting crazy. The bill that passed NY requires all schools (not just public) to require vaccinations. I believe it also includes things like camps and whatnot.

Idk where in any religious text it says 'thou shalt not vaccinate against deadly diseases' though. The whole 'religious' aspect of this baffles me.

Protesters disrupted the Assembly chambers after the bill passed, yelling curses and threatening the lives of the bill sponsors and those who voted for it.

But the politicians aren't all right. The bill barely made it out of the health committee. The speaker of the Assembly had to come into the committee room and strong arm a new assemblyman, who was against it, to at least vote it out of committe. The guys justification was "it deserves a debate on the floor but I'm against it"

Banned Junior Division
    they should vaccinate against Icelanderitis but I think they already do that

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    they should vaccinate against Icelanderitis but I think they already do that
    the 'being an islanders fan' disease doesn't seem to be too contagious so I'm not worried about it

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Should make it so parent who knowingly takes an unvaccinated kid to a public playground gets thrown in jail

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The inability to legislate to zero isn't a reason not to legislate. If this saves just one life, it's worth it.
    Don't get me wrong, Im glad they did this, but I wish there was a way to go further with it. There is zero reason, unless a doctor says there is a medical reason, as to why you shouldn't be or have your kids vaccinated.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    the 'being an islanders fan' disease doesn't seem to be too contagious so I'm not worried about it
    that's true. we haven't seen many outbreaks in the last 30-40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Should make it so parent who knowingly takes an unvaccinated kid to a public playground gets thrown in jail
    What is the penalty per this legislation? Also do they take the child, vaccinate him and return him? Forgive my laziness in not reading it...thought someone might just know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast