Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Groups fighting Mandatory vaccines in NY

Senior Member Junior Division

Groups fighting Mandatory vaccines in NY

http://gothamist.com/2019/04/29/meas..._exemption.php

this is a bit of an older article but these people are literally protesting outside of my office building right now and it sickens me.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Pro choice. You should be able to do what you want with your body and no one should tell you otherwise.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pro choice. You should be able to do what you want with your body and no one should tell you otherwise.
    Not when it puts other people at risk. Mandatory vaccines is a no brainer, same logic as drunk driving. Nobody cares if you get drunk and put yourself through the windshield, but people certainly care if you run over a 5 year old.

I wonder what the Venn Diagram of people who believe in the science of climate change is but don't believe in vaccines lol.
    Last edited by Future; 05-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    pro Choice means I get to decide what I do with my body, regardless of any other individuals health or well being
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    pro Choice means I get to decide what I do with my body, regardless of any other individuals health or well being
    Stop trolling.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Can you explain this in more detail? It doesn't seem to make any sense in regards to this discussion so I must be missing something.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    By pro choice im assuming you are a strong
    Opponent of individual liberties. And so am I...

But in this case, and per the laws of our country. Individual liberties do not apply when they limit or remove the liberties of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Simply brilliant!!

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    http://gothamist.com/2019/04/29/meas..._exemption.php

this is a bit of an older article but these people are literally protesting outside of my office building right now and it sickens me.
    find some people with measles and tell them to go cough on the protesters

you know they used to put people with dangerous health conditions on Islands in the East river (Typhoid, Cholera, Tuberculosis, etc..). Maybe quarantine would work better for you instead of a stupid little needle that literally takes 5 seconds of your life and protects you and the immune-susceptible who can't vaccinate

Bottom line is society can, will, and has forced people to comply with health related actions when society is put at risk by your condition which includes failure to vaccinate when able to do so. Quarantine has a long history in the US pre-dating the constitution which you are trying to hide behind and won't save you from your stupidity
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 05-14-2019 at 02:52 PM.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    By pro choice im assuming you are a strong
    Opponent of individual liberties. And so am I...

But in this case, and per the laws of our country. Individual liberties do not apply when they limit or remove the liberties of others.

'My right to swing my fist ends where your nose begins."

The vaccine issue is a simple one — herd immunity. Those who cannot be vaccinated — young children, the auto-immune, etc — depend on those who can to do so.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    100% in favor of vaccines to be mandatory.
    Next political thread I post in will be in 2021. Lol.
    LGR!

Senior Member Junior Division
    the fact that this shit is actually up for debate is kind of pathetic. Like, we are using government resources to make sure people don't WILLINGLY allow their children to be exposed to deadly diseases.

It's semantics, but I'd argue we're using government resources to make sure people don't willingly allow their children to infect the vulnerable.

This is closer to "religious liberty," and "free speech" arguments than some autonomy of body. In the same way you have the right to believe and say what you want, when your beliefs and statements directly harm others, they stop being thoughts and start becoming action, which the government absolutely has the right to curtail.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I am so sick of hearing that if you vaccinated you shouldn’t worry. That is the dumbest argument because what about those that are too young to be vaccinated or have immune deficiency diseases. It’s selfish if you don’t get vaccinated or vaccinate your kids. It has den proven that it doesn’t cause autism, so there is no defense for not doing it except that your an asshole.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    It's semantics, but I'd argue we're using government resources to make sure people don't willingly allow their children to infect the vulnerable.

This is closer to "religious liberty," and "free speech" arguments than some autonomy of body. In the same way you have the right to believe and say what you want, when your beliefs and statements directly harm others, they stop being thoughts and start becoming action, which the government absolutely has the right to curtail.
    Has nothing to do with religious liberty. No where in any religious text does it say you can’t be vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Has nothing to do with religious liberty. No where in any religious text does it say you can’t be vaccinated.
    Yeah all governments need to axe the 'religious exemption' because it's a bullshit excuse to get out of being medically responsible. The only exemption should because of a bona fide medical reason as certified by a board certified medical doctor under penalty of losing their license to practice medicine

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I am so sick of hearing that if you vaccinated you shouldn’t worry. That is the dumbest argument because what about those that are too young to be vaccinated or have immune deficiency diseases. It’s selfish if you don’t get vaccinated or vaccinate your kids. It has den proven that it doesn’t cause autism, so there is no defense for not doing it except that your an asshole.
    I can't rep from my phone and will probably forget when I'm on my computer again.

So:

REP

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

You are missing my point. "Religious liberty" is an excuse individuals and lobby groups use to excuse outward prejudice — ex. "Homosexuality is a sin, therefore I won't serve them in my shop."

The arguments against vaccination fall more in line with those same flawed "religious liberty" arguments than they do logically sound ones regarding bodily autonomy.

We actually agree on this topic.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    People who oppose mandatory vaccination often get lumped into the autism argument. Your point is valid, but there’s more to their objection than that. Many conceded that concern.

Some think there are adverse reactions. Some want to delay the timing of it. Some people believe having the chickenpox is preferable to vaccination. Many oppose the combination shots.
    There are risks. There’s a reason we went from a live polio virus to a dead one. Some shots that were given at birth are now given weeks after.

I believe science and doctors know the risk and reward better than me. I’m just not sure they’re all as crazy as “vaccines cause autism”.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast