Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top-Five Starting to Take Shape

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Yea but when was the last time this team had a true #1C. The thought makes me drool.
    2018-19

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Eh, I'd rather be right on the wing than "solve the C issue." With enough talent on the wing, you don't need to have a C who does much other than be responsible, especially after the first line.

I mean, if you have Kreider and Buch as your 3rd-line wingers, you're in a pretty good spot regardless of your C depth.

After Zib, I actually think you can do well, two years from now, filling out your depth chart at C with Chytil, Lias, Howden, Nieves and maybe Barron.
    It's tempting to think the rebuild ends after 16 months thanks to some good pingpong ball luck, but that's kind of unlikely. These folks are still really young and really raw. Even with Kakko, and Kravtsov, and so on...it's gonna be another year or two at least. Remember that both the Pens and Caps picked top 3 the year Ovechkin and Crosby debuted.

Next year is a pretty strong C draft too - so if Lias, Chytil, Howden, Barron, whomever aren't looking like centers at the NHL level, we've got a few outs there in the "not splashing Brinks trucks" way.

Not to count chickens before they hatch, but let's face it, barring a few big moves, we're going to be pretty bad next year too. You know who might look good in our shirt? Quinton Byfield. 6'4, 215 16 year old PPG lefty center. Probably a top 5 pick next year, and almost assuredly the right "last piece of the puzzle"
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    2018-19
    You know what I mean

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12