Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolstering Hartford will be 'a major priority' for Rangers this summer

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think the sign of a great AHL operation isn’t necessarily just getting results and preparing high end talent. What you want ideally is an organization that produces NHL calibre players from lower end prospects like the Marlies and Syracuse have been doing for their big clubs, for example.
    Having high end talent on the team obviously helps in that regard, but it’s highly dependant on quality coaching and development programs.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I think the sign of a great AHL operation isnít necessarily just getting results and preparing high end talent. What you want ideally is an organization that produces NHL calibre players from lower end prospects like the Marlies and Syracuse have been doing for their big clubs, for example.
    Having high end talent on the team obviously helps in that regard, but itís highly dependant on quality coaching and development programs.
    Right. Winning, at that level is secondary to teaching structure and developing players into correct roles. The Rangers do a terrible job with developing to roles and have for years.

Making the same mistakes with Lias they had with Lundmark. #1 C in Hartford shouldn't be your 3rd Line LW in NHL.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Lias Andersson?
    Ouch

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Right. Winning, at that level is secondary to teaching structure and developing players into correct roles. The Rangers do a terrible job with developing to roles and have for years.

Making the same mistakes with Lias they had with Lundmark. #1 C in Hartford shouldn't be your 3rd Line LW in NHL.
    To me this isn't a Hartford problem. This is a organizational problem. Why is Chytil playing wing when Quinn said they see him as a center? Why is Lias playing wing when they said the same thing about him? If there's no room on the team, put them in the minors. I don't understand the rush.
    GORTON 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12